• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I got checked out on the -9 two yrs ago, I was in and out of the school house in a months time.

Wow, I see I was WRONG again here...I guess this is why I stopped posting! I guess It's bad when the FAA is even lying to ya!

Wow, and I still won't be within 50%

Those numbers assume that every pilot flies to 63 or 65. Most won't take it till the last possible day. Alps and company both think the ache guy will go to 62.5. So who knows but the chances are that that 4000+ number will happen faster than 10 years and the numbers will easily exceed this. We'll see

Those numbers assume that every pilot flies to 63 or 65. Most won't take it till the last possible day. Alps and company both think the ache guy will go to 62.5. So who knows but the chances are that that 4000+ number will happen faster than 10 years and the numbers will easily exceed this. We'll see

Those numbers also assume we keep the same amount of pilots. I think we'll be lucky to still have 10,000 pilots on property in 10 years.

Those numbers also assume we keep the same amount of pilots. I think we'll be lucky to still have 10,000 pilots on property in 10 years.

Bingo!!!!! When most of us started at NWA, we had no RJs(except for a small number of Avrojets). Flying on one of our regionals meant getting onboard a SAAB 340 to complete the last leg of your cross-country journey from MSP to Rhinelander. Now you can complete your cross-country journey via Delta without every flying on a DL jet.

Delta AE? This upcoming AE would have included EMB175 Capt. and FO positions at pay rates that would have made these positions attractive to those near the bottom. Instead ALPA decided to buy into, and sell fear, "Steenland Style." Our flying is now done by pilots who work for pennies on the dollar with the promise of flowing someday up to "Big D."

For the 63% of you who bought the program and voted for the McClain/Steenland/Dollaway contract, I hope you had a period of arduous self-examination. Hopefully that included a few mornings of getting up, looking in the mirror, and saying, "I suck."

This whole chain of events will very likely replay itself. Here you go boys....more money, improved job security, and no furlough clauses, we just need some scope relief.

I hope that the 63% have seen the light.

Last edited:
Bingo!!!!! When most of us started at NWA, we had no RJs(except for a small number of Avrojets). Flying on one of our regionals meant getting onboard a SAAB 340 to complete the last leg of your cross-country journey from MSP to Rhinelander. Now you can complete your cross-country journey via Delta without every flying on a DL jet.

Delta AE? This upcoming AE would have included EMB175 Capt. and FO positions at pay rates that would have made these positions attractive to those near the bottom. Instead ALPA decided to buy into, and sell fear, "Steenland Style." Our flying is now done by pilots who work for pennies on the dollar with the promise of flowing someday up to "Big D."

For the 63% of you who bought the program and voted for the McClain/Steenland/Dollaway contract, I hope you had a period of arduous self-examination. Hopefully that included a few mornings of getting up, looking in the mirror, and saying, "I suck."

This whole chain of events will very likely replay itself. Here you go boys....more money, improved job security, and no furlough clauses, we just need some scope relief.

I hope that the 63% have seen the light.

That is an interesting statement coming from a relatively senior guy at NWA. While I agree that we need to vote down the upcoming scope relief that Richard is sure to ask for, I do not have faith in the pilot group as a whole. He will flash the cash and our group will sell out the 100 seater to Compass. Count on it.

My new worry is the upcoming JAL deal. If that goes through, you can kiss the Inter-Asia flying good bye. It will all be done by JAL. Probably will lose some of the US to Asia flying to them as well. It's a smart management move. Buy a majority of JAL and then codeshare their own business to themselves at a lower rate. Watch them trash JALs pensions too.

Not trying to be a cynic, just looking at what I would do if I was management.

Last edited:
My new worry is the upcoming JAL deal. If that goes through, you can kiss the Inter-Asia flying good bye. It will all be done by JAL. Probably will lose some of the US to Asia flying to them as well.

Yep. I'm sure glad we picked up that "crown jewel" in the merger.

Latest resources

Back