• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Marketing wants a 15%+ bump in block hrs. We may get through the glut of training prior to hiring. Either way we will need at least 300-400 if they do a 7% uptick. More means more guys sitting reserve in DTW on the 88 and that will make a lof of ppl happy.

The PWA is the PWA and they will pay accordingly. For the junior folks that means that they may just keep ya where you are and let newbies fill the void.

Also the hint at other base realignments is in refernce to the NRT/JAL deal and 330 sim time. It is what it is, so sit back and enjoy the ride. If we actually get this right we should have a few good years ahead of us.

Was in the school house and they are bringing all of the PCP's back to start ramping up for the training that is coming. I will let the other "rumors" filter out.

88 IN DTW? Where did you get this from? I thought SLT to MSP. Never heard anything about them going to DTW.

Some info out on SD's Dec. 4th code-a-phone. Essentially what we have been hearing.

-SLC/MSP 90/320 swap
-NYC 777 closing/DTW 777 opening
-765 to NYC
-reduction of WB slots and increase in NB slots

Bid will be out mid-Dec. and close after SOC

And displacements off the DC9 as more -30's and -40's are parked.
The SLC M88 - MSP320 swap is not a complete swap, as the MSP320 category will stay open -- with very few displacements.

An overall 5.7% increase in pilot blockhours from summer 2010 over summer 2009. Even if the bulk of it is domestic -- it beats a decrease!

the plan all along was to replace the dc9 30/40's with md90's throughout the next couple years. No surprise there and the increase in narrowbody flying will absorb the decrease in DC9s.

Also it has been said that they will increase the utilization of the remaining 34 dc9-50s which will ofset some of the 30/40 flying. This is going to be a busy year for sure.

Note the 5.7% increase as opposed to previous desire of marketing to have at least 7%.

I'm willing to bet that's the threshold we can fly without hiring.....for now.

All in all, great news... just wondering when I'm going training as I'm definitely gone from my category with this bid!

And displacements off the DC9 as more -30's and -40's are parked.
The SLC M88 - MSP320 swap is not a complete swap, as the MSP320 category will stay open -- with very few displacements.

An overall 5.7% increase in pilot blockhours from summer 2010 over summer 2009. Even if the bulk of it is domestic -- it beats a decrease!

So if I am reading this correctly they are saying remove the 88/90 catagory from SLC and then not really bring in much replacement basing to fill the void.....utilize the A320's out of MSP more effectively, reducing displacements over there. But throw the MD guys in SLC under the bus (not even a funny pun).

So if I am reading this correctly they are saying remove the 88/90 catagory from SLC and then not really bring in much replacement basing to fill the void.....utilize the A320's out of MSP more effectively, reducing displacements over there. But throw the MD guys in SLC under the bus (not even a funny pun).

An equal amount of crews that were "bumped" off the MD88/90 out of SLC will be added on Fifi in SLC.

That's how I read it. Closing SLC 88 and opening MSP 88 (all the 90's.) Then opening SLC 320 and displacing slightly from MSP320, but using increased A/C utlization to fill up SLC.

Latest resources

Back