• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those numbers also assume we keep the same amount of pilots. I think we'll be lucky to still have 10,000 pilots on property in 10 years.

Agreed. We used to have 11k+ on payroll at the beginning of this decade, and by 2007, we had less than 7k. All the old geezers could retire tomorrow and wouldn't help me a bit if mgmt decide to "shrink to profitability" like some airlines, which will make my nephew's lemonade stand looks like a conglomerate!

We need to concentrate on job security, job protection, ala scope, period.

If the DC-9's are going, then why not scope in 100 seat aircraft to maintain jobs? They are not advertising for early retirement incentives because they are short of pilots.... it is just the socially responsible thing to do before the inevitable.

If the DC-9's are going, then why not scope in 100 seat aircraft to maintain jobs? They are not advertising for early retirement incentives because they are short of pilots.... it is just the socially responsible thing to do before the inevitable.

Sorry, but the highlighted words are taboo in the Frank Lorenzo School of Business for successful Airline CEOs:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back