• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear rolling thunder in the distance....

Well then you're probably hearing things. With the new work rules in place and GS's paying 2x's for regular line holders, the reserves won't be seeing many, if any this summer as GS'ing goes more senior than in the past.

the really sad thing about this bid is you are diplacing guys out of their seats for a long, long time. By the time vacancies are posted to move people back up, we will be at SOC and many of the vacancies will be filled by NWA pilots.

Get ready to commute to MSP or DTW when you want to bid up to something bigger!

Maybe. I'm not an expert on displacements, but after quick read of the contract it appears that a reinstatement bid is processed before any AE award, rgardless of seniority. Someone correct me if I read that wrong.

Maybe. I'm not an expert on displacements, but after quick read of the contract it appears that a reinstatement bid is processed before any AE award, rgardless of seniority. Someone correct me if I read that wrong.

True, but under the DAL contract you only have 6 months recall protection if I'm correct. How many AE's do you typically have a year?

I hope DALPA considers the NWA system of monthly awards looking 4 months out, pay protected if not in seat by award date, and unlimited recall rights. Results in an much more orderly metering of positions and training. Works well for the pilots and the Co. Your AE system is like what we had pre-strike in 98'......

So a pilot gets displaced, SOC comes along and the pilot goes back to its original position with an A/E that has his former position avialable, just to be displaced again when they move A/C around, until the next bid, that even though that pilot can't hold his former position, he'll get it because it's a reinstatement. ok, got it. That sounds awfully expensive. I guess back to the days of flying 3-4 months a year.

How nice is that going to be, when you see a vacancy on the A/C you were just kicked out, and a pilot from a different airline takes it....

Correction - same airline. We didn't want this either.....

True, but under the DAL contract you only have 6 months recall protection if I'm correct. How many AE's do you typically have a year?

I hope DALPA considers the NWA system of monthly awards looking 4 months out, pay protected if not in seat by award date, and unlimited recall rights. Results in an much more orderly metering of positions and training. Works well for the pilots and the Co. Your AE system is like what we had pre-strike in 98'......

AE's are issued as needed. The last couple of years it seems like about one a quarter, give or take. I agree with you and hope that we go to the NWA system of awards, it seems to give pilots more options to move as well as giving the company more flexability.

As many have said before--it will be an interesting few years.

acl65,

does the new jcba have any provisions for pay protection as a result of MD's? I have not found that section yet, if it exists.

Section 4
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
MINIMUM PAY AND CREDIT GUARANTEES​
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
Amend​
[/FONT]Section 4 J. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](new) to include the following:
J. Minimum Pay and Credit Guarantees Transition for Pre-merger Delta Pilots

For a period of 36 months following CBAID, a pilot who is displaced via an MD (or involuntary displacement) to a position with a lesser composite hourly pay rate will be pay protected at the rate applicable to the higher paying position for the hours paid to him in his current category. Such pay protection will be for the difference in the composite hourly pay rate applicable to the position from which he was displaced and the highest paying position his seniority allows him to hold. This provision will no longer be applicable when a pilot’s seniority allows him to hold a position of equal or greater pay compared to the position from which he was displaced. For example, a 7ERA has as his preference M88B and his seniority is sufficient the he could hold M88A, the pilot will only have the dollar difference between 7ERA and M88A applied to the hours he flies as an M88B
[/FONT]

the really sad thing about this bid is you are diplacing guys out of their seats for a long, long time. By the time vacancies are posted to move people back up, we will be at SOC and many of the vacancies will be filled by NWA pilots.

Get ready to commute to MSP or DTW when you want to bid up to something bigger!

You make this sound like a bad thing? :)

This merger is such a great thing. Thank god we merged, otherwise we would be hiring pilots, that sucks, and nobody would be forced to work on their days off this summer, on the other hand the few guys who actually live up in NY are going to start commuting as well, so everybody should get great treatment in this wonderful merger.

How nice is that going to be, when you see a vacancy on the A/C you were just kicked out, and a pilot from a different airline takes it.... Just wonderful, let's just hope this AE cost the company at least 3 times more than planned. I know their sick leave is going to go through the roof. Not flame towards NWA, just towards the piss poor job my union did, and on top of it all, they want more money from my paycheck..... Any more good news?? oh yeah, SOC in a few weeks, right ACL?

GROW UP dude and move on...:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

GROW UP dude and move on...:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Typical NWA guy. Who cares about anybody but myself. After all, I got screwed, wait wait, where is the new contract I was promised? You grow up and get your union to settle your pilot's group grievance, and quit expecting DALALPA to take care of you. I think they've done enough this far.

Latest resources

Back