• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The issues that I am referring to is the amount of training that this will cause.
It is not the FO's that will cause the training, it is the bow wave from the 80 or so less CA positions that will cause the issues. Those guys are going to bid very senior positions These are going to be 91 hires with a lot of bidding authority.

I agree, I think that they are setting themselves up for a miserable summer for the schedulers.

I will also try to MD to the 73N. I have a lot of people junior to me on that. Not sure if we will be able to hold ATL 7ERB

Genuinely sorry to hear of displacements - what is the total damage across base/equipment? Hope it's short lived. Been there done that - it sucks - in the last 7 yrs I haven't done a single CQ - all quals/displacements/requals. Good luck to everyone.

This is what happens when you cannot hire to cover the shortage. This summer could prove to be a mess.

ACL - do you think there will be more AE's prior to SOC? Like maybe the SEA ER base?

Hopefully the SEA ER base comes after the SOC. I definitely plan on continuing the Asia flying, SEA is close to home and the MSP NRT DH is waaay over-rated even in business class.

Last edited:
the really sad thing about this bid is you are diplacing guys out of their seats for a long, long time. By the time vacancies are posted to move people back up, we will be at SOC and many of the vacancies will be filled by NWA pilots.

Get ready to commute to MSP or DTW when you want to bid up to something bigger!

the really sad thing about this bid is you are diplacing guys out of their seats for a long, long time. By the time vacancies are posted to move people back up, we will be at SOC and many of the vacancies will be filled by NWA pilots.

That blows!!!!

This merger is such a great thing. Thank god we merged, otherwise we would be hiring pilots, that sucks, and nobody would be forced to work on their days off this summer, on the other hand the few guys who actually live up in NY are going to start commuting as well, so everybody should get great treatment in this wonderful merger.

How nice is that going to be, when you see a vacancy on the A/C you were just kicked out, and a pilot from a different airline takes it.... Just wonderful, let's just hope this AE cost the company at least 3 times more than planned. I know their sick leave is going to go through the roof. Not flame towards NWA, just towards the piss poor job my union did, and on top of it all, they want more money from my paycheck..... Any more good news?? oh yeah, SOC in a few weeks, right ACL?

Latest resources

Back