• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any idea how many displacees will bid NYC 7ER B?
Well, there will be room for most of them. There are 10 more MD88 Captain positions opening in NYC, 21 73N FO Slots, and 18 7ER FO slots.

About what percentage does it take to hold a line in NYC on the ER?

Two questions for you guys:
1: Is there a seat lock if you change equipment due to a VD?
Yes

2:How does the M88 pay work since there are two scales; MD-88 and MD-90?
Depends on what base you MD too

I guess I could dig into the contract to find the answers, but what fun would that be?
None, let dorks like me answer it

Two questions for you guys:
1: Is there a seat lock if you change equipment due to a VD? Yes, better to be MD'd

2:How does the M88 pay work since there are two scales; MD-88 and MD-90? Do we have bases that fly both? I thought the MD90's were SLC. If not, it has got to be like the INTL over ride and for reserve, blended by a percentage of the aircraft in the category.

I guess I could dig into the contract to find the answers, but what fun would that be?
See above.

Wow, ACL is fast ... hope he answers my question.

Well, there will be room for most of them. There are 10 more MD88 Captain positions opening in NYC, 21 73N FO Slots, and 18 7ER FO slots.

About what percentage does it take to hold a line in NYC on the ER?

Look at it. Last time I checked it was near 85%

Wonder if that would be a safe bid, or if would be bye bye Atlanta for a long time after SOC, with a steady deterioration of bidding power in NYC.

Wonder if that would be a safe bid, or if would be bye bye Atlanta for a long time after SOC, with a steady deterioration of bidding power in NYC.

I think that you could go from the ER to the 9 if you wanted to after SOC to get back to ATL. It just would not be on anything that had more than 142 seats.

Thanks for the quick answers!

SLC flies both the 88 and 90 - I think CVG does as well.

Looks like there could be some MD's out the the NYC ER base coming up.

I think that one thing a lot of guys are forgetting is this. Many of the guys currently on the ER or 767 in ATL will have the seniority to hold the ER in NYC. What this means is that in essence your pay protection will be nil if you go to the MD-88 in ATL. Only the very junior pilots may see some protection from this part of the contract.
With over 150 below me, I know that there is no way that my seniority will not hold it.

Latest resources

Back