• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetJockey: coming from a fellow Delta guy in the same boat... Move on or be miserable for the rest of your career.

ACL65 - That's the direction Crew Planning is pushing the legions of displaced 767 pilots. By my math, there will be 134 fewer Atlanta based 767 pilots one year from now.

One way to play this is to take the 767ER and hope that there is a 767 position to be reinstated to in the 180 day window. Gutsy move Maverick.

Just in case anyone is counting from now, until January 01, 2010, here are the net changes:

ATL

777 A 38 B 38
765 A 00 B 05
767 A 62 B 72
73N A 33 B 28
M88 A 02 B 83

Red = Surplus

My opinion is the 767 displacements will be short lived. Why would they park the most efficient jet in the fleet?

My question, what is with the 737 displacements when we are getting additional airplanes in 2009? Has the 737 order been adjusted? Boeing strike? MD90's?

Some of this does not add up with the known facts - meaning, there is stuff we don't know, or, we are being manipulated to position bodies prior to SOC. Crew planning thinks SOC is 18 months away.

Last edited:
Fin;
I think that if you look at the Up Front they show the delivery schedule for the 73N. I know that these were pushed back more then the 777.

Also even if they are short lived by the time they come around to reinstating them they will be for the ER not the 767. The company is h#ll bent on making all of the 767 flying ER flying. I would be quite surprised to see that flying come back to the domestic side.
Also, it will be after six months and after SOC, ergo, no soup for the newbies. It is what it is, and the senior guys are just laughing at all of the bright eyes new hires being peeved that they are getting kicked off their wide bodies. (Ala welcome to the majors, and quit your whining, it could be a lot worse, and has been)

Back in 01 the guys that got the MD-88 were thrilled they did not have to sit side ways. It is truly time to take a step back. The run was fun but seniority is everything, and when you do not have it, you just need to STFU and deal with it. I know I am, and am quite content having this company keep me on payroll no matter what aircraft or base it is in.

BTW FIN the vent was not directed at you.
The 88 is a good jet, I liked it and will be happy to be on it versus the 9.

Fin;
I think that if you look at the Up Front they show the delivery schedule for the 73N. I know that these were pushed back more then the 777.

Also even if they are short lived by the time they come around to reinstating them they will be for the ER not the 767. The company is h#ll bent on making all of the 767 flying ER flying. I would be quite surprised to see that flying come back to the domestic side.
Also, it will be after six months and after SOC, ergo, no soup for the newbies. It is what it is, and the senior guys are just laughing at all of the bright eyes new hires being peeved that they are getting kicked off their wide bodies. (Ala welcome to the majors, and quit your whining, it could be a lot worse, and has been)

Back in 01 the guys that got the MD-88 were thrilled they did not have to sit side ways. It is truly time to take a step back. The run was fun but seniority is everything, and when you do not have it, you just need to STFU and deal with it. I know I am, and am quite content having this company keep me on payroll no matter what aircraft or base it is in.
One of the best posts on here in a long time. Jetjockey#1 should print it, read it several times daily, put it under his pillow.....or better yet, just quit.

Any idea how many displacees will bid NYC 7ER B?

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightflyer
GROW UP dude and move on...:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Typical NWA guy. Who cares about anybody but myself. After all, I got screwed, wait wait, where is the new contract I was promised? You grow up and get your union to settle your pilot's group grievance, and quit expecting DALALPA to take care of you. I think they've done enough this far.
JetJockey: coming from a fellow Delta guy in the same boat... Move on or be miserable for the rest of your career.

Exactly...I also do not work at NWA.

Selfiishly speaking. Nobody cares about your problems and your senoirity except you. I don't want to hear all this garbage for the rest of my career.

Two questions for you guys:
1: Is there a seat lock if you change equipment due to a VD?

2:How does the M88 pay work since there are two scales; MD-88 and MD-90?

I guess I could dig into the contract to find the answers, but what fun would that be?

Latest resources

Back