• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure what your beef is with Delta technology. We have a web-based system you can do anything from any computer you can do in the crew room. They were the first to implement gate info screens, auto agent free rebooking, kiosks, and other passenger conveiniences. We can just look at the onboard passenger experience to see who should be playing 1999.

Per the DAL Upper, Upper Upper Management, "DAL is 7 plus years behind NWA in IT"

ACL, Shouldn't your current position say, "Would you like me to start engine number right." LOL anyway I thought you were going to join us in NYC on the ER. This could be a could opportunity.

I know, but I still mess it up.

Also, the I am on the fence on whether or not to come to NYC. Been there done that on the 88. Commute was OK, but I am looking two or three moves down the road. The is just the opening moves in a Chess match of masters.
I personally feel that if anyone leaves ATL, once SOC happens it will prove quite difficult to get back here. I do not really like the idea of commuting from a hub. It makes little sense to me.
That said, I know with my seniority that I would not be pay protected on a MD to the 88. So going to the ER in NYC now would ensure that I would get pay protected when they MD me out of NYC to the 88 in MSP.
Decisions, Decisions.
Fact is that for a new hire it will be an 88 or a 9. Maybe a 320 for the next five years. One way or another. IMHO

I know, but I still mess it up.

Also, the I am on the fence on whether or not to come to NYC. Been there done that on the 88. Commute was OK, but I am looking two or three moves down the road. The is just the opening moves in a Chess match of masters.
I personally feel that if anyone leaves ATL, once SOC happens it will prove quite difficult to get back here. I do not really like the idea of commuting from a hub. It makes little sense to me.
That said, I know with my seniority that I would not be pay protected on a MD to the 88. So going to the ER in NYC now would ensure that I would get pay protected when they MD me out of NYC to the 88 in MSP.
Decisions, Decisions.
Fact is that for a new hire it will be an 88 or a 9. Maybe a 320 for the next five years. One way or another. IMHO

Or more likely a lay off for a few years. Great merger and our lifes are go down the drain on the junior side.
No big deal there are many jobs to pass time prior to recall. just open your eyes guys the money right now is outside the USA aviation wise.;)

Per the DAL Upper, Upper Upper Management, "DAL is 7 plus years behind NWA in IT"

I do not disagree with you that DAL has an IT department that was stuck in the '80s. This is changing and will continue to change as the combination of the two companies continues. In some areas, the old NWA is further along, other areas "no so much."

The thing to remember, now that the acquisition/merger/marriage/co mingling has been completed, is that Delta Air Lines will be taking the best of both and moving forward.

The advantage of commuting from a hub is the vast number of flights ATL to NYC....did this for a year when displaced off 88 - flights every hour and many seats.

I know that, but being in the top 60% on the 88 here in ATL may have its advantages.

Not sure what I will do.

Latest resources

Back