• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Delta 767 question

aa73

Total Time
Hey Deltoids... noticed some of your 767s in JFK last night have logo lights... new addition, or newer aircraft?

(Our crack management team at AA immediately decommissions the logo lights on any of our new aircraft so equipped. You know, money savings over safety... yeah.)

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Our 767-300ER have them installed. Domestic 767-300's do not.

FWIW I can tell you that on a fleet of about 130 a/c the cost of those light bulbs is about 230K a year.

Capt. Caucasian

WAR EAGLE!
Total Time
lots

FWIW I can tell you that on a fleet of about 130 a/c the cost of those light bulbs is about 230K a year.

Not all ER's, just some. Mostly the ones we got from other airlines (Gulf Air).

Holy crapola! I knew something ACL didn't. Sweet jebus, what is the world coming to? :p

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Yeah, I knew I was going to get bombed on that one. I was just making it easy.
Good one!

Noserider76

Teahupoo
Total Time
150+

This place flushes 230k in minutes. What is the loss of advertising and aircraft visibility by not having them? They should be on all aircraft, switched on for ground ops and off during the climb check.

Sinca3

Total Time
unknwn

That number is probably different for 767's as opposed to RJ's.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Are you refering to the new restrooms in the ATL lounge? I can't a sh*t without the damn thing flushin' 4 times!!! Delta goes green my a**

Put your hat over it and it solves the problem. It is good for something.

aa73

Total Time
That number is probably different for 767's as opposed to RJ's.

Yeah, I noticed that too.... that ALL RJs have logo lights, and they all use them, whereas very few mainline aircraft do. So I gotta "ax" you... what difference does it make, a bulb is a bulb right?

Capt. Caucasian

WAR EAGLE!
Total Time
lots
True, weird story: when XJT was in contract negotiations a few years ago the pilots were doing a "no logo lights" campaign. A couple of years later when the TA was signed the VP of Flight Ops thanked the Union for saving the company hundreds of thousands of dollars on light bulbs. :laugh:

regionalcap

Total Time
Yeah, I noticed that too.... that ALL RJs have logo lights, and they all use them, whereas very few mainline aircraft do. So I gotta "ax" you... what difference does it make, a bulb is a bulb right?

ASA had all of their logo lights disabled.

Mikes Apartment

Total Time
True, weird story: when XJT was in contract negotiations a few years ago the pilots were doing a "no logo lights" campaign. A couple of years later when the TA was signed the VP of Flight Ops thanked the Union for saving the company hundreds of thousands of dollars on light bulbs. :laugh:

The XJT pilots were running the logo lights during daylight hours.... all day. I really doubt the company saved money. Besides, the pilots were burning so much extra gas that light bulbs would have been a drop in the bucket.

Last edited:

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
The XJT pilots were running the logo lights during daylight hours.... all day. I really doubt the company saved money. Besides, the pilots were burning so much extra gas that light bulbs would have been a drop in the bucket.

That's seriously DOPE, dude!!!!!! Go show them management dorks who's boss.... Power to the people!!!!!!

Last edited:

Father Jack

Can't Sleep Again!
Total Time
20000+
This place flushes 230k in minutes. What is the loss of advertising and aircraft visibility by not having them? They should be on all aircraft, switched on for ground ops and off during the climb check.
True that! You will never be in airline management,
cause you make too much sense!

Capt. Caucasian

WAR EAGLE!
Total Time
lots

I don't remember that happening too much. Yeah, there were a few folks that did that but, not many. We were doing slow taxis and didn't complain if we got 26R but, I didn't see anyone go out of their way to cost the company more money. A lot of folks quit trying to save money though.