Delta 717 problems?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep.

RA was over a barrel with the CRJ-200 re-engine cost. Several million dollars to be eaten by Mother Delta.

RA made a deal with Bombardier to swap those needing re-engine for larger CRJ's. DALPA and Jenny Leigh bought off on it for more money. They've done it time and time again...so RA knew his chances were good.

He's still laughing all the way to the bank. Leverage lost and the Village Idiot still doesn't see it.

Yep.

RA was over a barrel with the CRJ-200 re-engine cost. Several million dollars to be eaten by Mother Delta.

RA made a deal with Bombardier to swap those needing re-engine for larger CRJ's. DALPA and Jenny Leigh bought off on it for more money. They've done it time and time again...so RA knew his chances were good.

He's still laughing all the way to the bank. Leverage lost and the Village Idiot still doesn't see it.

You are the GL of SWA you doosh.

Yep.

Several million dollars for re-engine costs is nothing to RA. He upgraded his fleet with bigger an more reliable A/C (717's) in a sweetheart deal, got scope relief on 70 seaters, significantly lowering CASM's on a number of short haul routes. I think he actually saved money, as part of the deal was the 15% cut of profits to the pilots in profit sharing was reduced to 10% for the first 2.5 billion. The pilots cut? More captain's seats. Something SWAPA seemed to care a lot about.

No, I voted "no" and implored everyone I could with my point of view. 4833 was enough for 62% to buy the story that giving DCI 76 more 900s was the only way 50 seaters were getting to the desert.

Sorry, from your posts, I see that you view SWA a lot like GL views DL (beyond reproach until if affects you).

I think we're going to have to craft a "Godwin's Law" for the major's board.

If the original thread (OT) pertains to Delta the probability of a thread devolving into a DAL vs. SWA flog-fest quickly approaches 1, with each subsequent post.

OT = SWA, then a three-way AT, SWA, DAL lambaste-a-thon shall ensue.
OT = USAir, US-E vs. US-W fight. Again.
OT = AA, See USAir.

Yep.

So, a 20% raise over 3 years, additional DC fund contributions, better vacation, training pay, sick leave, 215 50 seaters gone, and guaranteed 88 717s with 600 associated new Capt spots WASN'T a good deal? You would have gone for more? What are you going to ask GK for.....??? Silence....... Yeah, that's what I thought....

Thanks to the 3 year contract and HUGE profits, looks like the next contract should be even better, and I just hope you guys can hang on, because I don't think GK wants to bargain much with you. Good luck with that...

Bye Bye---General Lee

So, a 20% raise over 3 years, additional DC fund contributions, better vacation, training pay, sick leave, 215 50 seaters gone, and guaranteed 88 717s with 600 associated new Capt spots WASN'T a good deal? You would have gone for more? What are you going to ask GK for.....??? Silence....... Yeah, that's what I thought....

Thanks to the 3 year contract and HUGE profits, looks like the next contract should be even better, and I just hope you guys can hang on, because I don't think GK wants to bargain much with you. Good luck with that...

Bye Bye---General Lee

It was a beautiful sellout. And RA thanks you.

It was a beautiful sellout. And RA thanks you.

Uhhhhh, riiiiight! Like what you guys did to the AT guys? How much do you owe GK now? Yikes, you may have to take cuts.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back