• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delay of 9E/XJ/9L list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Reality will soon set in.

Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Reality will soon set in.

Another classic Pinnacle response. It's either name calling, or it's this type of comment here. Either way, I guess that means the discussion is over.

yeah typical of the 9E pilots who post here. What I know as truth, they cry lies. I also like how sure they are that Bloch sided with them on the DOH issue. Show me the proof? IOf he decides on letting you change your DOH, fine. But do not think that the mistakes, ineptness, and underhandedness of your union has not been seen by everyone. Oh and as for ours...yours....theirs....reps. When this is all done I wonder who will be crying the loudest and trying to keep us divided as a pilot group. When I vote in the next elections I will take a look at the published material that will come out of all of this and vote accordingly. I am hope everyone else will do the same and that will mean the right people will have the job. BTW, I think some crucial people in our union are going to Delta(they charge soldiers for bags) so a lot of great experience will not be available for our vote. As it is, I do think the MEsaba negotiators were more professional, better prepared, and used all their resources to provide the best they could give. 9E's did not

Mesaba didn't find it. Colgan did. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I can't imagine that you would vote for a PCL rep. I thinks it's very likely that everyone will vote down partisan lines. Assuming equal voter turnout, that would result in the merged MEC being comprised of 6 PCL reps, 6 cjc reps and 2 msa reps.

Well the responsible thing to do would be to get the facts, and then vote for the people with the best leadership qualities not just because they are a member of the good ol boy Memphis club. That's what elections are about. Educate yourself

I wouldn't be too confident that 9E pilots will vote for 9E leadership after the past 6 years of crap they have been through, not to mention the debacle this SLI and JCBA turned into that began with 9E actions. There were very few problems with the JCBA until the picketing, and there were very few problems with this SLI until Pinnacle's original proposal was known and the problems with their list began. I am sure disputing the DOH issue may have pissed some people off, but making sure everything is legal and on the up and up is a GOOD quality to have with union leadership.

Pinnacle leadership = nothing but stagnation and nothing getting done

Mesaba leadership = many things done since the last time 9E leadership got something done (see above post of mine for details).

I will tell you one thing i am not voting for the current pncl mec chair thats for sure! I have no idea how he even got in there

Well the responsible thing to do would be to get the facts, and then vote for the people with the best leadership qualities not just because they are a member of the good ol boy Memphis club. That's what elections are about. Educate yourself

I wouldn't say that's what they are about. I would say that's what they SHOULD be about. :laugh:

Mesaba didn't find it. Colgan did. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Regardless, it should have been caught by 9Es reps. BDay is important considering your seniority is based on age in the class.

I can't imagine that you would vote for a PCL rep. I thinks it's very likely that everyone will vote down partisan lines. Assuming equal voter turnout, that would result in the merged MEC being comprised of 6 PCL reps, 6 cjc reps and 2 msa reps.
I got no problem voting for a 9L rep. or line pilot, nor do I have a problem voting for a 9E line pilot, just not a present or past 9E rep. They have proved their worth.

SOME of you XJ types need to realize a couple of things (keep in mind, I am NOT cheerleading the PCL MEC):

1) XJ and 9E are totally different companies, and if the XJ MEC was dealing with PCL mgmt the whole time, things would have almost certainly been different (read: more like the way it turned out at 9E)

2) XJ pilots are not special. In fact, overall they are the exact same type of peope who work at 9E. Or Eagle. Or Delta or American, for that matter. As a group (or groups), pilots are remarkably similar. Yes, 9E's hiring practices may have resulted in a few more bad apples than some other carriers (or perhaps not).

3) Same thing as number two applies to your MEC vs the PCL MEC.

4) The arbitrator is an experienced pro. If the 9E postion and or actions are as terrible as some of you make out, then that will be considered, same for XJ and CJC. Keep that in mind when the decision comes out. The PCL MEC will not write it- a neutral arbitrator will.

I still suspect we will see some sort of status and category, and that DOH is unlikely to be used for anything.

The big guess is what he will do and what method he will use when he applies HIS logic. DOH will be fairly simple-if he puts fences in, that will be the hard part-when bidding comes. If he chooses another method, we all wonder what he will group together. (JEts=jets) (900=900) (200=200)(200's=Q's) First group is 900's together and those positions, next would be the 200 positions and maybe the Q's at Colgan, then Saab (but lets not forget the pay differences at each "like" position. I laughed at some 9E guy on here putting all 9E jets with XJ's 900's-nice try, they are different in pay and size.

I will have to agree with another post-we are all pretty much the same-I call it the 10% rule. everywhere you go has 10% who are Dumba$$es- Those usually make it through when an airline hires a lot and fast. We have all flown with them. Then you have the "I am too good for (insert airline/reserve...here). There are 10% of those too. So maybe it is a 20% rule. In the end, no matter how this works out we all need to get along and work together. When you meet a fellow pilot, try not to make the first question out of your mouth to be....."where you Pinnacle, Mesaba, or Colgan?" Try instead-"Nice to meet you, where are you from? are you married? have kids? Or just living the high life being single"

Latest resources

Back