• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Decade long rumor of SWA buying Q400's back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Union thug" has become a rallying cry among many union members across the country who have proudly taken on the title that right wing nuts like yourself have tried to use to make union members sound bad. The Union Thugs FB page has 63,000 likes, for example. Do you think they're all union leaders? But that's okay. I know you SWAPA guys don't really take part in the overall labor movement. It's all about you.

Nothing to do with ALPA, my friend. I just don't like your product. I don't like Chevys, either. Doesn't make it a bad car, it's just not for me.

Well nice thread drift, but whether you think it's realistic or not - why couldn't we operate Q's?

"Union thug" has become a rallying cry among many union members across the country who have proudly taken on the title that right wing nuts like yourself have tried to use to make union members sound bad. The Union Thugs FB page has 63,000 likes, for example. Do you think they're all union leaders? But that's okay. I know you SWAPA guys don't really take part in the overall labor movement. It's all about you.

Wait...
You're saying that right wing "nuts" defined the word "thug"?! They made it into a negative connotation?! Are you out of your freaking mind, PCL? That word has been around for a lot longer than the politics of this country, and has always meant the same thing--and nothing good at that. Here, lemme help you:

thug --n
-- a tough and violent man, especially a criminal.
-- a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber or murderer.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug?s=t

You "proudly" take the moniker of this kind of person, and then actually have the nutsack to say that it's right wing folks trying to make you look bad?! I think you're doing a pretty good job for yourself, by referring to yourself as a "cruel or vicious ruffian." You're basically implying that your point of view is so indisputably right in your mind, that you believe it's perfectly okay for you to use coercion, violence, or whatever other means necessary to promote and achieve your ends. And I guess I'm a right wing extremist for saying that even though I believe in unionism, I also believe that there should be a balance between workers' rights and owners' rights. That's why we negotiate, not just bash people over the head to get what we want.

You're a strange and angry man, PCL. I dare say that everyone involved in AirTran/Southwest/ALPA/SWAPA, including yourself, PCL, will be better off once you part ways. I wish you the best in your non-airline, non-union future.

Bubba

On that level, I'm definitely a "union thug"

Well nice thread drift, but whether you think it's realistic or not - why couldn't we operate Q's?

Well, because it's not realistic. :) You can't ignore industry economics. You can't operate an aircraft at 300% higher costs than your competition and be competitive. Set down the glass of kool aid and look at reality.

Bubba:

There you go again.....

Here's a Twain quote that may help

"I didn't have time to write you a short letter, so I wrote you a long one."

Then we actually did codeshare with Volaris to Mexico, and the agreement between the union and company came with a limitation on codeshared ASMs as a percentage of Southwest ASMs.
Actually, I don't believe we ever technically "codeshared" with Volaris. If I remember correctly, we never allowed SWA or Volaris customers to purchase one ticket and seamlessly transition from one airline to another. When a SWA customer wanted to continue a trip on Volaris they were then directed from the SWA website to the Volaris website where they actually purchased a second ticket from Volaris to continue their journey. It was the same way with AirTran in the beginning of our codeshare, we simply weren't set up to sell true codeshare tickets with our old reservation system. A technicality of course, but in order to codeshare, you have to actually share code.

Well, because it's not realistic. :) You can't ignore industry economics. You can't operate an aircraft at 300% higher costs than your competition and be competitive. Set down the glass of kool aid and look at reality.

Legacy created reality that has never been cheap.
By that logic we should have been bag sharing, code sharing, and on travelocity this whole time

Wait...
You're saying that right wing "nuts" defined the word "thug"?! They made it into a negative connotation?! Are you out of your freaking mind, PCL? That word has been around for a lot longer than the politics of this country, and has always meant the same thing--and nothing good at that. Here, lemme help you:

thug --n
-- a tough and violent man, especially a criminal.
-- a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber or murderer.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug?s=t

You "proudly" take the moniker of this kind of person, and then actually have the nutsack to say that it's right wing folks trying to make you look bad?! I think you're doing a pretty good job for yourself, by referring to yourself as a "cruel or vicious ruffian." You're basically implying that your point of view is so indisputably right in your mind, that you believe it's perfectly okay for you to use coercion, violence, or whatever other means necessary to promote and achieve your ends. And I guess I'm a right wing extremist for saying that even though I believe in unionism, I also believe that there should be a balance between workers' rights and owners' rights. That's why we negotiate, not just bash people over the head to get what we want.

You're a strange and angry man, PCL. I dare say that everyone involved in AirTran/Southwest/ALPA/SWAPA, including yourself, PCL, will be better off once you part ways. I wish you the best in your non-airline, non-union future.

Bubba

As always, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired. You seem to be quite adept at typing incredibly long posts, but quite incompetent when it comes to reading for comprehension even the shortest posts of others.

Notice that I never said that you redefined the word "thug." I said that you labeled union members as "union thugs." You took ordinary, everyday union members and labeled them as thugs when they peacefully demonstrated after the real thugs like Scott Walker took away their basic rights. So in response, peaceful and ordinary union members across the country decided to proudly wear the moniker. Call us what you will. You're the real thugs.

Bubba:

There you go again.....

Here's a Twain quote that may help

"I didn't have time to write you a short letter, so I wrote you a long one."

Hey, thanks for the input! But I generally prefer to actually explain my differences in opinion during a discussion/argument, rather than to just exclaim, "F**k You!"

But I suppose you could go that way too. You know, Po-TAY-toe, Po-TAH-toe. :beer:

Bubba

Latest resources

Back