• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Decade long rumor of SWA buying Q400's back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legacy created reality that has never been cheap.
By that logic we should have been bag sharing, code sharing, and on travelocity this whole time

There are certainly arguments to be made for all of those things. But they are a different subject, and totally unrelated. We're talking about real economics. I'm sorry, but you can't ignore them. You can't operate an aircraft at 300% higher costs than your competition. I don't care how good you erroneously believe you are, you simply can't overcome that cost difference.

As always, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired. You seem to be quite adept at typing incredibly long posts, but quite incompetent when it comes to reading for comprehension even the shortest posts of others.

Notice that I never said that you redefined the word "thug." I said that you labeled union members as "union thugs." You took ordinary, everyday union members and labeled them as thugs when they peacefully demonstrated after the real thugs like Scott Walker took away their basic rights. So in response, peaceful and ordinary union members across the country decided to proudly wear the moniker. Call us what you will. You're the real thugs.

Talk about comprehension issues: -I- labeled nobody as a "thug," nor have I ever labeled union members as "union thugs." You took that name upon yourself all by your lonesome. In fact, I took issue with associating "everyday union members" as "thugs"--because it makes us look bad to the general public. Good God--do you even read the stuff you type? It's right there above your avatar.

Bubba

Riiigght, because you and your buddies over on Faux haven't been calling ordinary union members "thugs." :rolleyes: Just give it a rest, Bubba. We just don't see eye to eye on much of anything. That won't change.

Riiigght, because you and your buddies over on Faux haven't been calling ordinary union members "thugs." :rolleyes: Just give it a rest, Bubba. We just don't see eye to eye on much of anything. That won't change.

Like I said, I haven't. You just haven't been paying attention.

And I'm sure this comes as a shock to you, PCL, but just because you're as far to the left as it's possible to be, and blindly agree with and defend anything proposed by a left-wing politician regardless, doesn't mean that anyone who disagrees with you is that far to the right of center. They're probably just right of you, which really isn't much of a qualifier. I'm actually somewhat right of center on some issues, and somewhat left of center on other issues. That's why I talk about things like "balance," rather than being like you insisting that one side (labor, in your case) should have all the power.

Make no mistake, PCL--you're an extremist. And I'll be the first to say that right-wing extremists are just as dangerous as left-wing extremists. People like you--especially those in positions of power--are dangerous to the majority of Americans who live somewhere near the middle.

Bubba

There are certainly arguments to be made for all of those things. But they are a different subject, and totally unrelated. We're talking about real economics. I'm sorry, but you can't ignore them. You can't operate an aircraft at 300% higher costs than your competition. I don't care how good you erroneously believe you are, you simply can't overcome that cost difference.

And I'm not??

For an economics hopeful, you'll have to explain to me how Horizon operates Q's for 1/3 the price

Care to detail ?

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the input! But I generally prefer to actually explain my differences in opinion during a discussion/argument, rather than to just exclaim, "F**k You!"

But I suppose you could go that way too. You know, Po-TAY-toe, Po-TAH-toe. :beer:

Bubba

Brevity is an art and requires more thought.

Or you could just vomit on the internet with a keyboard in a stream of consciousness. You know,... you say Po-Tay-Tow, I say -get the point across

;) pretty funny considered the upheaval I've thrown on this board over the years-
Maybe if you actually took issue with something important to say- but you put up a definition of thug and made an 8th graders point

Last edited:
Actually, no.

We had quite a relationship with ATA when they went through BK, and that included not only buying some assets from them, but actually lending them money in a secured loan. I'm not sure whether there was actually any discussion about potential codeshare or not, but if there was, it never came to fruition. And then ATA liquidated shortly thereafter when they lost their government/military contracts. At that point, we bought some more assets at the court's BK liquidation sale.

Bubba

Um, yes SW did have an agreement with ATA. How do I know? Because I had tickets to Hawaii that were part SW AND part ATA when they went out of business stranding me and my family in Maui.

Here's a link to the story. In it SW says it's sad to end its code share agreement with ATA.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/03/news/companies/ata_bankruptcy/

Um, yes SW did have an agreement with ATA. How do I know? Because I had tickets to Hawaii that were part SW AND part ATA when they went out of business stranding me and my family in Maui.

Here's a link to the story. In it SW says it's sad to end its code share agreement with ATA.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/03/news/companies/ata_bankruptcy/

Well, there you go. I guess it was so short-lived, I didn't even remember it.

Bubba

Brevity is an art and requires more thought.

Oh yeah? Sez you!

Or you could just vomit on the internet with a keyboard in a stream of consciousness. You know,... you say Po-Tay-Tow, I say -get the point across

Wow. That's deep.

;) pretty funny considered the upheaval I've thrown on this board over the years-
Maybe if you actually took issue with something important to say- but you put up a definition of thug and made an 8th graders point

I know you are; what am I?

-- How was that, Wave? Any better?

Bubba

Latest resources

Back