• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Atl-476

NYC-92

Thanks General and FDJ

Please correct me if I am wrong:

If AE shows 120 NYC MD88 FO new hire slots....it means more than 100% turn over in the base in the next 6 months?!!
The very top guy will have 4-5 months with the company?

Thanks General and FDJ

Please correct me if I am wrong:

If AE shows 120 NYC MD88 FO new hire slots....it means more than 100% turn over in the base in the next 6 months?!!
The very top guy will have 4-5 months with the company?

The AE doesn't state that these are openings for additional flying, so I assume that they are expecting a rather large turnover.

It would be a stretch to conclude that the top guy will have 4-5 months, because several NYC 88 F/Os live in the New England area and Shuttle flying out of NYC works out well for them, but you could expect to move up that category relatively quickly.

New hire class started today...any word on what equipment was avail and where??

I think the last 2 classes of this month were supposed to have 25 NYC 767ER INTL FO slots each, and nothing else. (No MD88) I could be wrong, but I think that is right.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It would be a stretch to conclude that the top guy will have 4-5 months, because several NYC 88 F/Os live in the New England area and Shuttle flying out of NYC works out well for them, but you could expect to move up that category relatively quickly.[/quote]

I agree. I live on Long Island, have 9+ years seniority and bid single digit seniority doing nothing but morning, mid week FL turns (haven't seen a hotel since July). I am not going anywhere until I make Captain, or top 10 on the 777. But, mid seniority within a year probably is a reality..

I agree. I live on Long Island, have 9+ years seniority and bid single digit seniority doing nothing but morning, mid week FL turns (haven't seen a hotel since July). I am not going anywhere until I make Captain, or top 10 on the 777. But, mid seniority within a year probably is a reality..

I know the NYC MD88 reserves cover all 3 airports, but once you hold a line:

1. Is it possible to bid and fly only from JFK?

2. Are there lineholder trips that start out of one airport and end at another?

3. If the trips are separated between the airports what is the percentage of JFK vs EWR vs LGA?

Thanks a lot

88 is mostly LGA with an occasional JFK. Most of that is held my line holders. EWR is hit and miss. Many times there are not even trips in the bid package for it.
Trips must end in the same airport that you started in. If they do not then they must surface transport you to that airport.

Today while in the Trng center we heard a system wide hiring freeze was put in effect today. In addition a 5 percent cut in work force. No specifics on how it will effect hiring for pilots. We got this from a former DGS instructor who was told his position that he just left would be filled. He did not know how this would effect pilot hiring so I am not suggesting anyone does but it give food for thought.....

They did this last quarter to make budget number, but it did not affect pilots. It takes three months to train us, so it many not affect us again.

Latest resources

Back