• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dec 3rd DAL class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad to hear it should not effect pilot hiring....

So who is being cut? What departments etc? 5% is a ton of people..

Good question and I do not know but it did fuel the merger speculation.

Today while in the Trng center we heard a system wide hiring freeze was put in effect today. In addition a 5 percent cut in work force. No specifics on how it will effect hiring for pilots. We got this from a former DGS instructor who was told his position that he just left would be filled. He did not know how this would effect pilot hiring so I am not suggesting anyone does but it give food for thought.....

I do not work for DAL, but I did watch the 3rd qtr town hall web conference. I would have to assume that this is dealing with the General Office personel. There was a question about staffing in the office during the QA and they mentioned that DAL staffing did "balloon" after emerging from bk and that they would need to make adjustments in order to maintain control of costs. They went on to mention it would not result in layoffs, but instead handled through attrition.

Again, no inside info and it is the best that I remember from the webcast.....

I do not work for DAL, but I did watch the 3rd qtr town hall web conference. I would have to assume that this is dealing with the General Office personel. There was a question about staffing in the office during the QA and they mentioned that DAL staffing did "balloon" after emerging from bk and that they would need to make adjustments in order to maintain control of costs. They went on to mention it would not result in layoffs, but instead handled through attrition.

Again, no inside info and it is the best that I remember from the webcast.....

That is correct. Not pilots, general office people. Pilot hiring was approved for 640 next year, with more possibly if we do get those MD90s. Of course, anything can change on a dime. But, nothing new so far on the merger front.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Question on the DAL's new hire training pay..

When/If you have 3 week gaps between training events you are still paid 2750/month until completion of IOE, right?
So it's more like a salary?

Yes, you are paid from day one until you complete your line check. If there are gaps it is at the company's discretion, not yours. Thus, you get the guarantee until you come on over to flight pay.

I talked to crew resources a few days ago and their plans are: 70 new hires in January
70 new hires in February
70 new hires in March
They did not say how many for the year but the word has been 600 or so.
They did not have any idea what aircraft and bases would be offered.

Latest resources

Back