Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI - 100, 50-Seaters and All Turboprops To Go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
your mom, your daddy, my daddy my momma! give me a break. Get a room and compare who has a bigger set! While you have your pants down.....

Kidding, its entertaining to say the least. But I must add, oh my what a terrible career I chose. Oh and by the way, just because you got to a major before me, because I started in this industry after your ass (any major guy who thinks they are better than me or any other regional pilot) does not make you better! I have respect for the individual, not given because of the size of your plane!

One more thing, there are punks in all sizes of planes. Just know that most at XJ are good people. But yes we have our tools, that I know. I can just hope that I will not be a regional FO again. I can hope but where I sit on our list, I will be an fo when we lose all the saabs and 200's! GodD&mMotherFer!

Hey General, Mesaba is now 65+ years without an accident or fatality flying those turbo's in some of the most challenging weather out there. 700+ flights a day. Do the Math. So I guess that is why Delta is shutting us down. We can't cut the mustard. Should have crashed a few times and maybe we would have got some 75's. You came from money and never had to work a day in your life so why don't go FYS!!! Hope Mainline shuts the doors and you are out of work. Thats my prayer for Sunday..

You better pray they don't, we'll all be out on our arses.

Maybe the bus thing would be a better prayer for you

Hey General, Mesaba is now 65+ years without an accident or fatality flying those turbo's in some of the most challenging weather out there. 700+ flights a day. Do the Math. So I guess that is why Delta is shutting us down. We can't cut the mustard. Should have crashed a few times and maybe we would have got some 75's. You came from money and never had to work a day in your life so why don't go FYS!!! Hope Mainline shuts the doors and you are out of work. Thats my prayer for Sunday..

What the F are you talking about? You do sound drunk. I did my "time" in the commuters (what they were called back then). I flew Dornier 228s and Brasilias out of MDW back in the early 90s to a lot of the same places your Saabs fly now. I know what it is like to have 8 leg days in the krap. And I didn't come from money, far from it (although I married into it). Remember, you can fall in love with a rich girl just as easily as falling in love with a poor one. And, with almost 6 Billion in cash(DL), and more than 5,000 pilots behind me, I just don't think I will be going anywhere or I doubt we will be BK anytime soon. You never know, but I doubt it. Have a great one in Devil's Lake.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks I think General is one of RA's bitches trying to stir the pot and has never been on an airplane. He has never left his apartment in Dunwoody. Am I close there General. Mr. "So much better online guy" Take a deep breath and think about what RA would want you to say. Calm down. Ok NOW!!!!

Dude, you are WASTED, and I love it. YEAH!!!! Take another hit! And, I don't live in Dunwoody. BTW, what is an "Online Guy?"

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think you are WRONG about the above statement. Read below. I am not saying we are perfect at all, but your statement is inaccurate.

Hull-loss description

Status:- (No safety board investigation)Date:15 OCT 2002Time:12:24Type:avro 85

Operator: Mesaba

First flight:1999-06-19 (3 years 4 months)
Engines:4 Lycoming LF507-1FCrew:Fatalities: 0 /
Occupants: 2Passengers:
Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0Total:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 2

Airplane damage:Written offAirplane fate:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Location:Memphis International Airport, TN (MEM)Phase:Taxi (TXI)Nature:-Departure airport:-Destination airport:

-Narrative:
The Avro RJ.85 was had received a maintenance check and was being taxied back to the terminal. The mechanics were not able to stop the plane in time. It collided with the jetway at gate C2, causing considerable damage to the jetway as a well as the airplane. The nr.1 engine was almost entirey ripped off its mountings and the flight deck sustained serious structural damage.

Sources:
» Smiliner.com

This information is not presented as the Flight Safety Foundation or the Aviation Safety Network’s opinion as to the cause of the accident. It is preliminary and is based on the facts as they are known at this time

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Dude, you are WASTED, and I love it. YEAH!!!! Take another hit! And, I don't live in Dunwoody. BTW, what is an "Online Guy?"

Bye Bye---General Lee
Is that how you defend your stupidity by sayiing everyone is wasted??? The people that need to know about the online guy already do!! It's a good song you should give it a listen>> Brad Paisley. I think you are the "So much better online guy"

I think you are WRONG about the above statement. Read below. I am not saying we are perfect at all, but your statement is inaccurate.

Hull-loss description

Status:- (No safety board investigation)Date:15 OCT 2002Time:12:24Type:avro 85

Operator: Mesaba

First flight:1999-06-19 (3 years 4 months)
Engines:4 Lycoming LF507-1FCrew:Fatalities: 0 /
Occupants: 2Passengers:
Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0Total:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 2

Airplane damage:Written offAirplane fate:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Location:Memphis International Airport, TN (MEM)Phase:Taxi (TXI)Nature:-Departure airport:-Destination airport:

-Narrative:
The Avro RJ.85 was had received a maintenance check and was being taxied back to the terminal. The mechanics were not able to stop the plane in time. It collided with the jetway at gate C2, causing considerable damage to the jetway as a well as the airplane. The nr.1 engine was almost entirey ripped off its mountings and the flight deck sustained serious structural damage.

Sources:
» Smiliner.com

This information is not presented as the Flight Safety Foundation or the Aviation Safety Network’s opinion as to the cause of the accident. It is preliminary and is based on the facts as they are known at this time

Bye Bye---General Lee
"The mechanics were not able to stop the plane in time" That was a MX taxi you idiot. And guess what, you can Google til mom has your snack ready and won"t find a single pilot related crash. Us and Quantas someone told me. But I know you will always think that we are ********************. I just hope guys like you get what you deserve and 99% of you do. God, your neighbors must love you

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought Delta already made the comment that they were not interested in renewing contracts with Republic Holdings.

The 70/90 market is the hottest commodity within the DCI portfolio. I assure you that if they aren't flown by Shuttle or Republic, they will be flown by someone. This is a certainty. The only variable is the operator, and the bait. I would expect to see more two for one deals in the works as this flying becomes available.

Not only is this flying going to open up for Delta, but I expect the same to happen at USAirways and United. Neither of these two carriers are going to bolster a dirct competitors liquidity. I just can't see that happening. I'm convinced that Skywest knows this also, and that explains their reasoning in helping to prop up United and lock in contracts with them.

As soon as Republic makes a go of it on their own, I also expect that Continental will also dump CHQ. However, there probably won't be much in the way of bid flying as a result- I'd expect Continental to cut capacity in the 50 seat market and I suspect the bulk of their cuts will come from this contract termination. There might be some scraps, but nothing of much large substance.

The days of massive RFP's, rapid upgrades, and spurts of growth are now over. The regional carriers have now patterned themselves much like the legacies and nationals. Lengthy upgrades, instability, cost issues, and longevity are the new norm here. I wonder when the regional regionals will put out RFP's for cost lock in as a hedge against labor??????????????????????
Geezus, one of the most logical posts I have EVER read on this forum....Time to punch...So much for a career in aviation...

Trying to see my sister in BIL has gotten a lot tougher since the RJ explosion of the early 2000s. It's time for that to stop and reverse course.

Bye Bye---General Lee
This wont happen....please reference last weeks vote to have the CPZ pilot group divested from the DAL MEC...this was an obvious step in the WRONG direction. This vote was a move away from recovering RJ flying to the mainline....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back