Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI - 100, 50-Seaters and All Turboprops To Go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(b) embarrassing the major airline by incompetent decisions (sleeping at the controls, drunk FA or crews on overnights, etc)
(c) undependable service (low DOT completion factor)
(d) untimely service (low DOT D+0, A+0, A+14).

Ha! Thanks for the laugh. Have you seen the news this week?????? (NWA in MSP, Delta and the taxiway)

It would seem on the surface to most RJ pilot's long term career goals and progression that parking all of the DCI turbo props and 100 of the 50 seaters is a GOOD think. Why are most of you bashing DAL for this plan? The more RJ's there are flying around = FEWER mainline jobs for ya'll to move up to! I can tell you from personal experience that nearly to a man/woman at DAL we are FED UP with scope erosion and will hold the line on 76 seat scope rules. Lee Moaks days are numbered at DALMEC, we may have to send him to National Alpa to get rid of him, but he is not long for this world at DALMEC. He only saving grace and way to retain his job on the MEC here at DAL is to retain scope and not continually weaken it and retreat from it. I say that with baited breath as his track record on scope is abhorrant.

When I was at 9E and we were getting RJ's by the bucket loads weekly, I kept telling myself as well as anyone who would listen: "This in NOT good, we are NOW flying our future mainline jobs!" and whenever I ran accross anyone who was salivating at the prospect of flying a 70 seater for 50 seat wages....well that's just plain stupid.

I HOPE we do park some RJ's......and HIRE a 1000 guys/gals to fly some MD90's we have our eye's on, as well as the next gen RJ...whether it's the "C" series or the Emb195...doesn't matter.

It would seem on the surface to most RJ pilot's long term career goals and progression that parking all of the DCI turbo props and 100 of the 50 seaters is a GOOD think. Why are most of you bashing DAL for this plan? The more RJ's there are flying around = FEWER mainline jobs for ya'll to move up to! I can tell you from personal experience that nearly to a man/woman at DAL we are FED UP with scope erosion and will hold the line on 76 seat scope rules. Lee Moaks days are numbered at DALMEC, we may have to send him to National Alpa to get rid of him, but he is not long for this world at DALMEC. He only saving grace and way to retain his job on the MEC here at DAL is to retain scope and not continually weaken it and retreat from it. I say that with baited breath as his track record on scope is abhorrant.

When I was at 9E and we were getting RJ's by the bucket loads weekly, I kept telling myself as well as anyone who would listen: "This in NOT good, we are NOW flying our future mainline jobs!" and whenever I ran accross anyone who was salivating at the prospect of flying a 70 seater for 50 seat wages....well that's just plain stupid.

I HOPE we do park some RJ's......and HIRE a 1000 guys/gals to fly some MD90's we have our eye's on, as well as the next gen RJ...whether it's the "C" series or the Emb195...doesn't matter.

I couldn't agree more.

+1...

Some people on the bottom of senority lists at regionals may lose jobs in the short term, but the flying could move to where it should be and mainline jobs created..... fair trade off.

Heck, a person on the bottom or a regional can make up that paycheck with a minimum wage job anyway. In the end, parking them is a GREAT thing. People can adapt and it will be good for them in the long run.

Park em!

It's not about RAH, 9E, OO, OH, or any of the other carriers. It's about what this man/woman said.

So you want to send the person responsible for the policies created and enforced at a single airline MEC level all the way to the National level- when you're not happy with the performers local policies?????? I wouldn't want to give him any more control than he has now. After watching all that has happened with the scope issues at DAL, I wouldn't vote for him- and I'm at a regional! If the DAL pilot group was truly irritated with him, they'd recall his @$$ and cast him to the wolves......

The more things change, the more they stay the same. No change in scope policy provides no career progression, stability, or money for ANYONE- regional or mainline. We're too busy judging our collegues to handle petty stuff............. like PAY and work rules!

All the Majors are having trouble thanks to the ridiculous contract agreements that were signed when the Majors were failing a few years ago to a worse degree. We were stuck paying higher gas for RJs that were losing us money, and the regionals had a guaranteed profit regardless, even when gas spiked at $147 a barrel. Do you remember when that happened? What is your stance on that? Let me guess---a contract is a contract.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Please enlighten me on the ridiculous contracts Delta has with Mesaba, Compass, and Comair? Could yoiu please give me the guaanteed profit figure (us dollars will be fine) that Mesaba, Compass, Comair made off of Delta with the contract you are referring to? If Delta was paying for the gas then what "higher" gas price were they paying...did they hedge for mainline and regionals seperatly?

Also I'd be carful about wishing the rj's gone. I mean really, who has subsidised the "major" airline pilot pay the past 20 years? I'll give you a hint, it's those 17.00 an hour f/o's that have been working under your so called ridiculous contracts for the last 20 years. Speaking of which seeing's your so enlightened on the economics side of the airline buisness. If the contracts with the regional partners were so bad then why didn't they get out of them during anytime in the last 20 years...when Comair took their first rj.

The reason regionals, and rj's exsist is easy. They make money PERIOD. If they did not Delta, like any other buisness would have gotten rid of the "cost centers."

I'm not a fan of the rj, but your arguments are sometimes a bit hypocritical. The Rj's, turboprops, have a place, a place in which your dc can't be successful.

Also to disprove your point about a dc9 morning noon and night. Delta already has a place like that. it's called Memphis. Last time I was through there I saw a bunch more rj's than anything else. According to you it should be easy for Delta to just replace all that lift with a dc9 or bigger. The dc9 I took to ORD a few nights ago from Memphis with 40 people on probable made a whole lot more money that a CRJ9 or EMB175...DO you agree?

Who ever said that less RJ's mean more mainline jobs? I just don't get that logic. Maybe management want less RJ's, and also less mainline jets. That's lose - lose. I'm not sure I ever see management at XYZ airline replacing an RJ with a 737 or MD80, just so we can all make more money and grasp the golden ring at the mainline. It's a nice thought, but does not hold logic. And to think that managements will just place RJ's at mainline at 50%-75% more pay is just plain lunacy.

Please enlighten me on the ridiculous contracts Delta has with Mesaba, Compass, and Comair? Could yoiu please give me the guaanteed profit figure (us dollars will be fine) that Mesaba, Compass, Comair made off of Delta with the contract you are referring to? If Delta was paying for the gas then what "higher" gas price were they paying...did they hedge for mainline and regionals seperatly?

Also I'd be carful about wishing the rj's gone. I mean really, who has subsidised the "major" airline pilot pay the past 20 years? I'll give you a hint, it's those 17.00 an hour f/o's that have been working under your so called ridiculous contracts for the last 20 years. Speaking of which seeing's your so enlightened on the economics side of the airline buisness. If the contracts with the regional partners were so bad then why didn't they get out of them during anytime in the last 20 years...when Comair took their first rj.

The reason regionals, and rj's exsist is easy. They make money PERIOD. If they did not Delta, like any other buisness would have gotten rid of the "cost centers."

I'm not a fan of the rj, but your arguments are sometimes a bit hypocritical. The Rj's, turboprops, have a place, a place in which your dc can't be successful.

Also to disprove your point about a dc9 morning noon and night. Delta already has a place like that. it's called Memphis. Last time I was through there I saw a bunch more rj's than anything else. According to you it should be easy for Delta to just replace all that lift with a dc9 or bigger. The dc9 I took to ORD a few nights ago from Memphis with 40 people on probable made a whole lot more money that a CRJ9 or EMB175...DO you agree?

Not all of the DCI bunch have SWEET deals. If you were included in our BK, (Mesaba and Comair) then you got the shaft too. Comair kinda deserved it anyway for being a bunch of jerks, so I don't feel as sad for those hosehounds. SkyWest, Mesa, and Republic have done very well off of a sick Delta. Those days are going to go away, though. The deals often included mainline paying for the gas, and a guaranteed profit for the regionals. If you did not know about this, then you had your head up your arse. Why were the Regionals profitable and every Major not profitable? The answer is that we were paying for the extra expensive gas. Why didn't we get out of those contracts you ask when Comair got the first RJ? Gas wasn't expensive back then. It was VERY cheap in the late 90s. But, a contract is a contract, and the guys who signed those contracts left DL with big bucks, leaving us to flounder with ridiculous terms in the past few years. That will change while Richard Anderson is incharge, and that should make you worried.

RJs USED to make money. Now, they are a hinderance, and most business people avoid them like the plague. When DL puts 4 RJs a day to Bloomington, IL vs Airtran and their 717s, we lose money. Same in super fun Flint, and Moline, etc. After our combining of certificates, we will put DC9s into ATL and actually fight Airtran with a like sized aircraft to many of those cities, and not lose the revenue battle. Richard Anderson doesn't agree with your assumption that RJs make money I guess, and he is parking a bunch more. Maybe you should email him and give him your opinion. He might get a laugh.

As far as your DC9 flight to ORD a few nights ago, we don't know if that is common or not to be that empty, and if it is common it may not last long. If you go on that flight regularly, please give us exact passenger counts and we'll go from there. Also, that DC9 may be used the next morning for a fairly full flight to MSP or DTW, so it could be more of a positioning flight. You knew that, right?

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, hopefully you get hit by a semi soon or better yet your entire family!!!!!!! Retard!! FO!!! You landed on M taxiway!! I knew that was you!!! You want to slam Mesaba you better be up to it P@@ssy!!!! We have pretty thick skin after all your BS!!

Hit by a semi? What? Come on now hoser, you sound drunk. And NO, I was not on that Rio flight. I just came back today from a great Germany trip. The food was fantastic. Have a great one.

Also, you have a better chance of moving back into your parent's house than I do. Enjoy that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back