Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI - 100, 50-Seaters and All Turboprops To Go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
11 posts on one topic thread in one day alone! Over 13,000 posts total. I really feel sorry for you. This has become your main source of social interaction, this is what inspires you to wake up every morning. How sad!!! There is a whole world out there with real people, they talk with words, they laugh, they even complain. Go met them, put down the keyboard, spread your wings.
I challenge you to spend one week without looking at this website. You can't, because you have serious mental/addiction issues. I'm not trying to rip on you, I'm trying to tell you, you need help. One week.....................

11 posts on one topic thread in one day alone! Over 13,000 posts total. I really feel sorry for you. This has become your main source of social interaction, this is what inspires you to wake up every morning. How sad!!! There is a whole world out there with real people, they talk with words, they laugh, they even complain. Go met them, put down the keyboard, spread your wings.
I challenge you to spend one week without looking at this website. You can't, because you have serious mental/addiction issues. I'm not trying to rip on you, I'm trying to tell you, you need help. One week.....................

You feel sorry for me? Why? I really enjoy this board. I enjoy debating and I enjoy the industry. Also, I enjoy my job and my life. My wife loves me, and we have a lot of fun. Thanks for caring.

And, you bring up a point I have tried to say all along---11 posts today (actually more now) on this topic alone, and over 13,000 posts total. I don't do one post a day for 15 years, rather I post a lot on a certain subject, which makes my total rise. I am not on here everyday, but when I am I usually carpet bomb the subject until you non-believers "see the light." It may take time, but you will see what I mean eventually. I don't mind working hard to make something "easy" for you to understand eventually. You're welcome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
When has anybody ever liked RJs?

Fred Reid LOVED them when he was President of Delta, but then mysteriously decided not to get them when he started up Virgin America with Branson. How did that happen? Did he RIDE on one? Maybe he sat next to a corpulent sweaty person on a CRJ?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Did he say that dipwad, or are you dreaming that up in your crazy little mind? Hmmm. Thats funny. ASA has a 15 year contract to fly for Delta. So they are just getting rid of all their feed, and going to fly old a$$ DC9's to MLU, BTR, CAE, DHN, CHA, GTR, CSG, ABY, OTK, BQK, TRI, TYS, LEX, etc for quadruple the cost?!?!?!? GREAT MOVE RA!!! You are the best CEO since Frank Lorenzo himself. Anyway, he never said that, and you are a loser of epic, monumental proportions. So, show me the quote where Richard Anderson said that Delta is terminating ASA's flying! Go ahead, can you back up just one of your STUPID posts?

By the way......Good on ASA to find other flying to diversify from Delta and their fickle flight schedules. I'm certain we will enjoy it, Private.

It is getting smaller and smaller. In 15 years you might have one more CR9 left flying for us---but you still will have something..... And, flying an old a$$ DC9 is cheaper than flying a bunch of RJs---we own the DC9s outright, and we can funnel pax onto two or three DC9s instead of 5 or 6 RJs. See, you don't get it. Airtran is killing us with their 717s vs the RJs, thanks to having more seats and pricing the tickets so your RJs can't make money. If you put a similar sized plane with about the same number of seats on the same route with them, they cannot do that. Airlines 101, and you have an F.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

In one reply, you say that Delta is the best and will never fail.... and you have over 5000 people below you on the seniority list. The next post you tell us about how Airtran is killing Delta with the 717 because RJ's suck. Which is it going to be; Success or failure? Assuming you know everything (that's the impression I get), then why are you not in management after all of these years? just curious.

BTW, we only see the cost side of the airline and have to believe what airline execs tell us. How do you know what an RJ or a 717 is making? Delta may be making more on one RJ flight than Airtran is with one 717 on the same route. We aren't paid to manage the airline, just fly the airplanes. We are a factor of production, and nothing we say will ever really matter. Show up to work, do the job safetly, and go home to your family and cook for them instead of post on this thing. It will make everybody happier.

Hey, somebody has to dig ditches..... Honestly though, many RJs do need to be parked, nobody likes them anymore. Even the bean counters are wincing. Good ole Mike Boyd has seen the future, and RA is listening! More RJs mean less mainline jobs, which historically are better paying and have better benefits. Too many 300 hour wonders from Riddle have flooded the airways, and now think they are entitled to a job at a mainline. That just AIN'T the case. More DC9s or A319s are a good thing. You really need to start understanding that point. Say it with me: "More Mainline planes GOOD, MORE RJs BAD..." Repeat 10 times please.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Your mainline management team started the RJ debacle so don't blame the regionals for taking advantage of it.And mainline pilots felt they were more holy than thou to fly an RJ so guess what happened????..That decision turned on you and bit you in the a$$..... say it with me 10 times .... It's mainlines FAULT !!!

Last edited:
When has anybody ever liked RJs?

Passengers loved them when they first came out and the RJ's were still doing the short regional flights that the turboprops did. I think passengers still like them over a turboprop. However, I don't think anyone likes them on long flights!

One week you can't do it. You have an addiction problem. Show this to your wife show this to a psychologist. Hopefully your wife will tell you the truth. I know a shrink will. You have a mental/addiction issue. ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!! You can't do it unless you get help!!!!!!!!!!! Seek it!

General,

In one reply, you say that Delta is the best and will never fail.... and you have over 5000 people below you on the seniority list. The next post you tell us about how Airtran is killing Delta with the 717 because RJ's suck. Which is it going to be; Success or failure? Assuming you know everything (that's the impression I get), then why are you not in management after all of these years? just curious.

BTW, we only see the cost side of the airline and have to believe what airline execs tell us. How do you know what an RJ or a 717 is making? Delta may be making more on one RJ flight than Airtran is with one 717 on the same route. We aren't paid to manage the airline, just fly the airplanes. We are a factor of production, and nothing we say will ever really matter. Show up to work, do the job safetly, and go home to your family and cook for them instead of post on this thing. It will make everybody happier.

The "new" Delta is a lot stronger than before, and we have people running the show with better ideas than some in the past, like removing RJs and adding DC9s in their place to better compete with those 717s. I have a feeling our people know exactly what Airtran is doing, because they can see the price of their tickets, and then they apply that to the seat count of a standard 717. The Airtran people have figured out how to hurt the competition when they play with RJs. They price the tickets just enough to make a slight profit, and allow the RJ operator to make a loss. It is not that tough to figure out. Most LCCs have not been losing money, primarily because they can usually set the fares in the marketplace. When they can't do that for some reason, they usually start hurting themselves.

As far as why I comment on these topics, this is a message board and a discussion board. You can type about anything you want. If you want to debate certain topics, then do it. If not, then don't. Quit being such a "sensitive Sally."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back