Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI - 100, 50-Seaters and All Turboprops To Go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Relax... I am just saying that I think Doin Time knows darn well who Reid is, and who you were talking about. Not everyone is trying to start an argument with you, you know...

Turbo

Relax? Maybe you should reword your statements so I don't have to go nuclear. If you re-read your statement, it didn't sound like what you just described.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe because VA pays its pilots flying A320's like they are flying 50 seat RJ's

Yes, their pilot pay is less, but that is a fraction of the total costs. From SFO they fly to SNA, LAS, LAX, PDX, and SEA, along with transcons. I believe SkyWest does the same from SFO right now for UAL(sans the transcons thank gawd). So, maybe Reid could have added RJs for shorthaul, but he DID NOT---because he learned something on the way out from Delta.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yes, their pilot pay is less, but that is a fraction of the total costs. From SFO they fly to SNA, LAS, LAX, PDX, and SEA, along with transcons. I believe SkyWest does the same from SFO right now for UAL(sans the transcons thank gawd). So, maybe Reid could have added RJs for shorthaul, but he DID NOT---because he learned something on the way out from Delta.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am blaming a combination of pay, fuel costs, acquisition costs, and usefulness in thier size airline. Basically with RJ's they would be a west coast Independence air. I'd bet if VA had to pay its pilots Delta pre BK or United 2000 pay and fuel was still 20/barrel, it'd be much more likely they'd be glad to give Mesa a place for all thier planes being dumped.

Just park all the RJs so the General will stop b!tching about how much fuel they guzzle and how much the operarting cost are and how he can never get a seat on one because they are always full .Then the highly skilled 5000 mainline schmucks that are junior to him can fly the 6-8 legs a day in their "fuel efficient" DC-9s and A-319s.And the regional guys won't have to worry about him taking their seat in the back of their own equipment and leave themselves fighting for the JS.

If you can't toot your own horn then who will?

Just park all the RJs so the General will stop b!tching about how much fuel they guzzle and how much the operarting cost are and how he can never get a seat on one because they are always full .Then the highly skilled 5000 mainline schmucks that are junior to him can fly the 6-8 legs a day in their "fuel efficient" DC-9s and A-319s.And the regional guys won't have to worry about him taking their seat in the back of their own equipment and leave themselves fighting for the JS.

I'm all for it! If it will shut up The Private forever so I never have to hear his whiny little crybaby you know what again, I say do it! Then who will he target his misplaced anger to? He probably wont be happy until 75's, 76's and 777's fly all legs to all cities! Go for it Wee!

I made twice what the normal regional Captain makes last year, maybe a bit more. I flew the max, and I greenslip about once every couple months thanks to my high seniority on the 767ER. As far as pre-BK wages, sure, I made more then. I was making more then compared to what most current 767 Captains make now. And, when you go to BK, you are NOT paid what you are worth, you are paid whatever the judge decides. You should know that you dimwit. We are working on higher pay, but again when mitigating circumstances halt your progress (like negotiating during high oil--$140 a barrel), there is not much anyone can do. Also, having a higher pay rate doesn't always equate to having what you are worth. A high DC percentage, better work rules, etc can also make up for lost pay per hour. We didn't lose everything in BK you know. Oh wait, I guess you don't know, since a lot of what you said made you look clueless. You really do need a lecture.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow- I must have hit a nerve..........I love it! Hey, if you would worry about your own pay, instead of someone else's, we might start seeing progress in this industry........................

I would LOVE a lecture from you General, bring your best!

Last edited:
Wow- I must have hit a nerve..........I love it! Hey, if you would worry about your own pay, instead of someone else's, we might start seeing progress in this industry........................

I would LOVE a lecture from you General, bring your best!

Unfortunately our last two negotiations were under bad circumstances. Prior to our combined contract with NWA, the last one was in BK court. Maybe you don't know much about that (and I hope you never do), but it is a "real tough crowd" in BK court. Hard to get much leverage at all. The next attempt which I stated before was our dual contract with NWA. Unfortunately at the time, oil was at $140 a barrel. We wanted to get it done pre-seniority merge after seeing what happened to USAir East and West. With high oil as the elephant in the room, we were only able to squeeze a 17% raise over 4 years, plus some stock in the company, plus an extra couple % on our DC funds. Not terrible, not great at all. Of course oil then fell to $35 a barrel, and we were already locked in. Even Delta thought we were going to $150 a barrel, since they hedged a bunch at over $100 a barrel (that is why we have lost money over the last few quarters--all bad hedges). Obviously DL didn't think they were pulling one over on us, since they had made a huge hedge themselves.

So, it all depends on what is going on around you. We have had a couple of bad rounds these last 2 times, but we are aimed to do well the next time, unless Mars attacks!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm all for it! If it will shut up The Private forever so I never have to hear his whiny little crybaby you know what again, I say do it! Then who will he target his misplaced anger to? He probably wont be happy until 75's, 76's and 777's fly all legs to all cities! Go for it Wee!

Even RA says your flying is going away, and soon you will be flying pax for United. Go enjoy that. Our DC9s will be flying to a lot of the places you have enjoyed over the last few years, and hopefully that will continue into the future with a future 100 seater that won't be going to you. But you do have something to look forward to----being hired at United maybe.(after all of their furloughs come back someday)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey, somebody has to dig ditches..... Honestly though, many RJs do need to be parked, nobody likes them anymore. Even the bean counters are wincing. Good ole Mike Boyd has seen the future, and RA is listening! More RJs mean less mainline jobs, which historically are better paying and have better benefits. Too many 300 hour wonders from Riddle have flooded the airways, and now think they are entitled to a job at a mainline. That just AIN'T the case. More DC9s or A319s are a good thing. You really need to start understanding that point. Say it with me: "More Mainline planes GOOD, MORE RJs BAD..." Repeat 10 times please.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Even RA says your flying is going away, and soon you will be flying pax for United. Go enjoy that. Our DC9s will be flying to a lot of the places you have enjoyed over the last few years, and hopefully that will continue into the future with a future 100 seater that won't be going to you. But you do have something to look forward to----being hired at United maybe.(after all of their furloughs come back someday)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Did he say that dipwad, or are you dreaming that up in your crazy little mind? Hmmm. Thats funny. ASA has a 15 year contract to fly for Delta. So they are just getting rid of all their feed, and going to fly old a$$ DC9's to MLU, BTR, CAE, DHN, CHA, GTR, CSG, ABY, OTK, BQK, TRI, TYS, LEX, etc for quadruple the cost?!?!?!? GREAT MOVE RA!!! You are the best CEO since Frank Lorenzo himself. Anyway, he never said that, and you are a loser of epic, monumental proportions. So, show me the quote where Richard Anderson said that Delta is terminating ASA's flying! Go ahead, can you back up just one of your STUPID posts?

By the way......Good on ASA to find other flying to diversify from Delta and their fickle flight schedules. I'm certain we will enjoy it, Private.

Latest resources

Back