Dayjets closing doors TODAY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sckakids

Word has it dayjets is done today...all airplanes moving to galveston. Surprised? given the recent article in USAtoday about their jets

I would have thought to move the aircraft to Galveston before the storm.

That would have been the smart and profitable thing to do.

Hung

One of our Hawker's was based out of BCT and I got to know some of the DayJet folks down there. I sure hate to hear this, not only for the employees but also for the business model itself. It was a bold plan and I commend them for attempting it, sadly though, their timing could not have been much worse and this is a very unforgiving industry.

Now having said that, I did check out their website and it is still business as usual however, that is not always an accurate indication.

Last edited:
Not operating the the most charter intensive areas of the U.S. (NY, NJ, DC, IL, OH, TX, and CA) was an incredibly bad tactical blunder from day one.

Rule number one of business charter:
Go where the business IS.

I'm truly sorry for everyone who lost their jobs.

Having experience in the Eclipse certainly can't hurt. I am sure there are plenty of other charter or private operators out there - and most should pay more than $50K per year.

I think North American Jet out of PWK operates a few Eclipses for charter. It's obviously a bit colder up north vs. sunny Florida but it might work for some people...

Good luck to all - it was interesting while it lasted!

Latest resources

Back