• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA Conflict of Interest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is an issue if you are, or were recently on the DAL Comm Cmte - please just answer the question.

What does it matter if he was on the Comm Cmte?

This is a public, anonymous forum. How do we know you are not the chairman of NWA Comm Cmte??

Unless you are willing to post your name along with your opinion, then nothing any of us says is worth a hill of beans. No arbitrator is going to give any weight to anything said here.

After seeing your proposed list I see why DALPA didn't want it made public.
320-
I have a question for a NWA pilot and would like a honest answer...
Assuming you have seen the Delta suggested list what are your takes? I would have to say if you take all the emotion out of it that is the fairest list out there....Run the numbers, it is pretty much straight relative senority!

Yes, and no. But it is relative by equipment. When you take that in to account it makes perfect sense.

320-
I have a question for a NWA pilot and would like a honest answer...
Assuming you have seen the Delta suggested list what are your takes? I would have to say if you take all the emotion out of it that is the fairest list out there....Run the numbers, it is pretty much straight relative senority!
It starts out at about 1.6:1 in favor of DAL. Now update it every 5 years. Within 10 years the ratio is about 4:1 in favor of DAL. It ultimately ends up about 5:1 in favor of DAL. Do you think it's reasonable for an admitted "merger of equals" to result in a 5:1 seniority advantage for one side? Would you consider that a "windfall" for one side?

Don't believe it? Read the transcripts. Thanks to NWALPA they are open and available instead of conducted in secret like DALPA wanted.

Last edited:
No I do not. Define ultimate. In ten years our retirements kick in, and you will need to look at from where a pilot is now v/s where he would be with this plan. Also attach it to the current fleet, stove pipe it and see where they would be sitting in say 15 to 20 years. It would be the same or better in most cases.
Either way, this was our shot, in a few weeks you will get yours.

Last edited:
It starts out at about 1.6:1 in favor of DAL. Now update it every 5 years. Within 10 years the ratio is about 4:1 in favor of DAL. It ultimately ends up about 5:1 in favor of DAL. Do you think it's reasonable for an admitted "merger of equals" to result in a 5:1 seniority advantage for one side? Would you consider that a "windfall" for one side?

Heyas DTW,

Don't worry about these guys. Read the last day arbitration transcript, and you will find that the NWA Attorney absolutely shredded the DAL witnesses.

Every one of the DAL "witnesses" was completely befuddled on the stand, and couldn't answer simple questions.

The endgame hasn't even started.

Nu

No I do not. Diffident ultimate. In ten years our retirements kick in, and you will need to look at from where a pilot is now v/s where he would be with this plan. Also attach it to the current fleet, stove pipe it and see where they would be sitting in say 15 to 20 years. It would be the same or better in most cases.
Either way, this was our shot, in a few weeks you will get yours.
It's OK.....your witness couldn't defend it either. Read the transcripts.

After seeing your proposed list I see why DALPA didn't want it made public.

After seeing the full name, dates of birth, employee number, dates of hire of every Delta and Northwest pilot posted on the internet I see why it was irresponsible of NALPA to make it public.

Latest resources

Back