• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA Conflict of Interest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is an issue if you are, or were recently on the DAL Comm Cmte - please just answer the question.

Why is it an issue? I don't really understand your complaint. Why are union volunteers prohibited from posting on FI in your opinion? I did it for years as an elected officer, and none of my members complained about it. This is an anonymous message board. We should leave it that way.

Heyas DTW,

Don't worry about these guys. Read the last day arbitration transcript, and you will find that the NWA Attorney absolutely shredded the DAL witnesses.

Every one of the DAL "witnesses" was completely befuddled on the stand, and couldn't answer simple questions.

The endgame hasn't even started.

Nu

Whhhaaaa, whhhaaaaa, :crying: :crying:

After seeing the full name, dates of birth, employee number, dates of hire of every Delta and Northwest pilot posted on the internet I see why it was irresponsible of NALPA to make it public.

And how exactly did they do that? The hearings were open to interested parties, but not the press or public. No printed or digital information was provided to any of the observers.

All of the hearing transcripts were published on their respective, secure, websites after the hearings, which would have occurred if they had been open or closed.

Fish another pond.

Nu

I did. All of it.
So you think 5:1 in your favor is fair? Of course you do! You think NWA 1999 hires should be junior to DAL 2007 hires? Of course you do!

DAL did no hiring between 1992 and 1996 yet NWA 1989 hires should be junior to DAL 1996 hires? Just simply hilarious and has ZERO chance of becoming reality. I'm actually the most impressed by the fact that you guys can keep a straight face in light of this!

So you think 5:1 in your favor is fair? Of course you do! You think NWA 1999 hires should be junior to DAL 2007 hires? Of course you do!

DAL did no hiring between 1992 and 1996 yet NWA 1989 hires should be junior to DAL 1996 hires? Just simply hilarious and has ZERO chance of becoming reality. I'm actually the most impressed by the fact that you guys can keep a straight face in light of this!

Parts of our proposal were shooting for the moon.... we're going to be making fun of your proposal and testimony in the same way.

If a 96 hire occupies the same relative position on the list and the same equipment as an 89 hire, then what is the problem. Get beyond the emotional hire date issue and come up with something that makes sense.

Parts of our proposal were shooting for the moon.... we're going to be making fun of your proposal and testimony in the same way.
What!!!??? You can't be right. I heard right here that this was "completely fair" and that it "didn't go far enough". Hmmmmmmmm........

Date of hire, with no bump or flush is the only fair solution.
There truly are benefits for both pilot groups using this method.
For the Delta pilots: You were very fortunate to have a retirement package that enabled you to move unusually fast up the list. This came in the form of a massive number of Delta senior pilots all leaving at once. In other words a "lump sum bonus." Well guess what? More good news for you. Now it's the senior NWA pilots turn to vacate the premises. You won't see everyone leaving at once but steady and continuous retirements over the next five years. We are essentially sharing our upward movement with you. You're welcome!!!

For NWA pilots: Although sharing what was once our upward mobility with another pilot group, it will allow us to continue upward progression and retire in our relative seniority positions.

Quite simply, ratios are a very greedy proposal and an unrealistic and unfair solution. It's saying, "I got mine and I want all of yours as well." It won't fly.

good luck

Last edited:
Ditto.
All I see in this is the ability to hold tomorrow what I hold today, and expect the same QOL for it.

Latest resources

Back