• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where's our buddy FDJ in all this?

Nu

I'm here, in the lurk mode.

Our MEC's have done their job, now it's up to the membership at DALPA and NALPA to either endorse it or send it back.

Sometimes it's just best to just sit quietly and let everyone come to their own conclusions without potentially enciting one side or the other.

Well, 76 seater's are now effectively capped on the NWA side with the JPWA, so there is only so much revenue they are going to contribute. The 50 seater's are toast, and even if they have better costs, still only carry 50 pax, are frequently weight limited, and cancel with regularity due to staffing shortages.

Managements are also getting fed up with the endless delays caused by too many RJ's flying into the likes if LGA, EWR, JFK, etc. - it still takes up the same amount of space in the ATC system.

There is a niche for this aircraft that there is nothing else that fills for the *moment*, and despite the supposed economics of the 76 seater, however pax still hate the cabins, and management is growing weary of the the feeder operation reliability and quality issues.

The DC9 (and MD80's) will be the first to go, however I think reports of there their death are premature. Also consider there are alternatives for the 142 seat MD's now (A319/320, 737NG), where there is nothing for the 100-124 seat DC9 market. Despite your infatuation with the 76 seater, they are an inferior product from every perspective other than SJS.

I've been wrong before (once :) ), but I'll wager the DC9's are around until a suitable, true NB cabin, mainline operated NG 100 seat replacement is deployed.

I agree and with some airlines on the verge of going TU there may be a number of airbuses on the market very soon. The new dal may be able to get some cheap buses in the near term. Who knows.

I'm here, in the lurk mode.

Our MEC's have done their job, now it's up to the membership at DALPA and NALPA to either endorse it or send it back.

Sometimes it's just best to just sit quietly and let everyone come to their own conclusions without potentially enciting one side or the other.

S'ok, I know you can't "officially" comment.

Funny how the spin machine grows quiet when it's your OWN villagers with torches and pitchforks banging at the gates.

Nu

So I was right? Thanks.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, I doubt that you were. Here's what you said:

I am sure there are some greenbooks that are still flying the -9 and only have flown it...

Based on the seniority numbers of those 4, I would be surprised if they hadn't spent some time in the right seat of the 757 or A-320, maybe even the 747-400.

...But then since you are "sure," you must have some inside information that's not available to me as a NWA pilot.

No, I doubt that you were. Here's what you said:

I am sure there are some greenbooks that are still flying the -9 and only have flown it...

Based on the seniority numbers of those 4, I would be surprised if they hadn't spent some time in the right seat of the 757 or A-320, maybe even the 747-400.

...But then since you are "sure," you must have some inside information that's not available to me as a NWA pilot.

So, in other words, you DON'T KNOW. You would be "surprised" if they hadn't spent time in the other seats. Hey, you said it yourself, you are a NWA pilot. Call them up, give them an FMS quiz. You will find out right quick.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Attended the Roadhsow in MSP today...then made a few phone calls.

Managed to piece together a possible scenario if the "No Patrol" (best nickname: "Dal Qaeda") at DAL carries the day on the T.A. vote, and the NWA group ratifies:

DAL management honors the contract the NWA guys approved...but only for them. DAL guys get LOA 19. Apparently, there's enough wiggle-room in both LOA 19 and the JPWA that allows that to happen.

When our DAL brothers approved LOA 19, we were told it was to set the bar...then they'd bring us up.

Thanks!

If we approve the T.A., and you reject...know that we'd only accept the better deal from our new management as part of our effort to set the bar.

We'll bring you up...

...promise.

Still doing some research to see how viable that scenario is, but ya gotta love the irony.

Latest resources

Back