DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DL_Infidel said:
I was once told by a college professor that "people who make generalizations are ignorant." That rings true here. Most DL pilots I've had the pleasure of flying with are quality individuals. According to some, restoring the profession means to capitulate. Sorry, that's not in my blood. Cheers!

So is it safe to say that you haven't flown with the "professionals" that frequent this board, bashing other's pay, then hide in the closet sucking their thumbs when it is their turn to take it up the as$ in the concessions line? How many of those have you flown with lately? My exposure to DL pilots has shown me arrogance more than anything.

Nindiri said:
So Delta pilots should sacrifice their careers for everyone else's benefit? Nothing personal against non-pilot employees, but they never saw the need to unionize or pay dues, so why should they now expect the pilots to fall on their sword for them?

I hope you are kidding. The last bazillion posts by the General sound like I should hold out for better pay, and sacrifice my career. Why is it any different now that the shoe is on the other foot?

I find it amusing that all these regional pilots are po'ed that the mainline guys are now protecting their backsides........

They took the jets, the routes, and the jobs....all for lower pay and benefits and the jets kept getting bigger and their paychecks hit all time highs and their companies all tripled in size. It is a zero sum game. Every regional pilot hired means another mainline guy hits the street.

And now we have to hold up the bar......and what will be the result. The regionals will keep getting the new jets and the mainline guys will keep getting furlough notices.

In case you were asleep for the past few years, the regionals have all made money the past few years by being exempt from fuel price spikes and the like. The regional pilots just heard their career expectations take a nose dive and they don't like it.

I said years ago when this all started that there would come a day when the mainline pilots undercut the regional pilots to save their own ass.....that time has come.

Dry your eyes......

A350

IB6 UB9 said:
I hope you are kidding. The last bazillion posts by the General sound like I should hold out for better pay, and sacrifice my career. Why is it any different now that the shoe is on the other foot?

It isn't any different. I tell the general the same thing when he whines about regional or LCC pilots protecting their jobs. My point was simply that everyone has a right to look out for their own job without somebody else blaming them for their own problems.

I keep hearing about how the CMR guys wouldn't hire furloughed DL guys....what has Delta EVER done for CMR? Why should they offer to let them fly RJ's until they can go back to DL and bashing the "barbie jet" pilots? DL pilots wanted to use CMR and got a little peeved when they were denied. I hate to generalize but it seems that the majority of DL pilots have always looked down on CMR. I'm sorry we are all in this situation now, but we have always had to protect our own because we could never expect DL or Alpa to help us out. I have a family to support to support also, but on a much smaller salary then the DL guys and i'm sure it's about to get smaller. You can bet your a@# I will do what is necessary to protect my own.

T-Gates said:
I love how all the regional guys on this thread are so happy they can call someone else a whore.

Delta stealing CHQ jobs!!!!

I see that they're (DAL, USAir, AWA) just taking back what should have been thiers back with the introduction of the RJ. Making up for thier mistake, getting 90-100 seaters back at mainline.

Sucks to be at the other end of the growth curve doesn't it.

In the years after the introduction of thr RJ, mainline carriers lost the F-28, F-100, BAC 1-11, 737-200, etc. in lieu of explosive regional airline expansion.

It seems that now the tables are turning and mainline pilots are first trying to get the flying back at thier carrier, then work on the payscales.

I applaud them...

Thank you,T Gates!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

IB6 UB9 said:
So is it safe to say that you haven't flown with the "professionals" that frequent this board, bashing other's pay, then hide in the closet sucking their thumbs when it is their turn to take it up the as$ in the concessions line? How many of those have you flown with lately? My exposure to DL pilots has shown me arrogance more than anything.

IB6 UB9,

Hey, my favorite # also. To be honest, no I haven't. Most cockpit conversations I've had lately revolve around early retirements, Ch. 11 and where we're sending resumes. Bashing each other is useless and futile. As you know there are arrogant types in all walks of life. I personally try to withold judgement on individuals, especially when I don't know them. I don't know what's going on in their life...heck, even I can be a jerk once in a while, just ask my wife. Some one just called me a whore...so what. Maybe he was dropped on his head as an infant, not enough Mozart in his early years, rotten childhood, bad day, bad career, lost a loved one or he's perfectly fine. God bless him.

The issue that should be consuming us is not pointing fingers and arguing about how we got here but what we can do collectively to improve our situation....major and regional pilots alike. But as long as we allow management to have it's way and as long as ALPA continues on it's current heading, things will never change.

Okay, I'm out of the pulpit and off the soap box. Back to lurking for a few months.

michael707767 said:
'
screw the pay scales. Protect the jobs. We can address pay scales later.

There have been so many Delta pilots whing about "guys who are willing to do the job for less..." Well here you are! You must be the one they were talking about.
The Jet Blue folks actually make about $95 an hour. $89 for the first 70 hours, and time and a half for the next 12 (figuring 82 hour lines each month). Looks like we have found a replacement for the "Mesa Whores". Oh goody!
:mad:

DL_Infidel said:
I was once told by a college professor that "people who make generalizations are ignorant." That rings true here. Most DL pilots I've had the pleasure of flying with are quality individuals. According to some, restoring the profession means to capitulate. Sorry, that's not in my blood. Cheers!

Well hell, park the f**king planes and put the company into chp 7. At least you guys will know you were standing up for your principles when your all standing in the unemployment line and your castles in PTC are foreclosed!!

DL_Infidel said:
I was once told by a college professor that "people who make generalizations are ignorant."

What a coincidence, I was once told by a wise man that Delta pilots are selfish a**holes that only care about themselves.

Latest resources

Back