• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL sees more mergers and wants cash on hand to participate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smarter move is Hawaiian THEN Alaska.....I'd rather merge 300 guys into wide-body than the 2000 merged pilots of AK and HA if they merge first.

Baja.

There is no more squabbling- mesa west lost their fight in the appeals court. Parker knows this and is divesting out of Phoenix (a worthless hub) and is consolidation CLT, PHL and DCA. The airline will be split- east to AMR and MesaWest to Republic

Your welcome for saving your job A$$wipe!

There is no more squabbling- mesa west lost their fight in the appeals court. Parker knows this and is divesting out of Phoenix (a worthless hub) and is consolidation CLT, PHL and DCA. The airline will be split- east to AMR and MesaWest to Republic

Classic East mentality; "What we have is so valuable and what you bring is crap". After two bankruptcies and near liquidation I'd think you'd start warming up to the idea of your previous model being a failure. The definition of mental illness is repeating the same actions with the expectation of a different result.

I'm sure AMR would welcome the opportunity to staple you on the bottom of their list. As much as I'd love to see you enjoy the view from the bottom (below even the Eagle FOs), I don't think it will happen. You should totally talk to USAPA about it. They've been dead on with everything else. :rolleyes:

*NOTE TO MODERATOR- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to jump on the East v. West poop slinging fest band wagon.

As far as Delta's ability to keep cash on hand for another merger...I can't imagine they'll be buying another legacy carrier. Perhaps they'll try to find something more regionalized that gives them gates or aircraft to better complete in someone else's hub.

Last edited:
Expect more international JV's (Virgin ...) rather than domestic acquisitions.

Could you imagine if Delta and United join up. That would be four airlines into one name. Northwest, Delta, United and Continental.

Latest resources

Back