DAL pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freight dog,

I don't know how to answer your post because you bring up things that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand, but I will repeat.
Our MEC's duties have absolutely nothing to do with securing future positions for our pilots, period. If you can show me some thing in writing to dispute that, I will listen.
They have a duty to represent Comair pilots as Comair pilots, period. They entered that meeting with one thing in mind, to better the Comair pilots careers AS COMAIR PILOTS. Are you so blind that you can't see that?

I have to disagree

AFELLOWAVIATOR
No, I think what I said hits the double-standarded nail on the head. You said yourself that your MEC's job is to "look out for CMR pilots, period". OK, so how does ACA's MEC looking out for OUR own pilots make any difference?
No matter what you say about "pattern bargaining", our MEC is there to look out for us, not CMR. You had a problem with that. And now you want it the other way because it is you under the gun.
Now perhaps you understand why so many lashed out against you before in that other thread. Nothing like walking in someone elses shoes....
Not shooting arrows at you, just bringing up an old point.

The CMR MEC's actions might not be in the best intrest of COmair pilots. By sticking it in big brothers @s... Delta pilots might not be so willing to allow the growth of Comair continue. I realize that now their force is weaker then before. However the future may be different. Delta pilots did not restrict growth as much as United, USAir, and American pilots restricted their regional side kicks. That is one of the major reasons Comair is as big as it is. They allowed this to take place out of good faith and to help Delta. Now they get slapped in the face. Comair is ridding high now, but aviation is a small community (don't burn bridges). All this stink because Comair's MEC wants guys who aren't going to get called up for three years to resign their seniority. That sucks.
I believe ACA only reqiures a 3 year gentlemens agreement for furloughed mainline guys. This protects ACA's investment and helps fellow pilots pay the bills. If you ask me its a win win situation.

Hey, I'm a furloughed DAL pilot also, and I can't find jack flying jobs right now. Would I positively go to ComAir? I don't know. Would I like the opportunity? Absolutely.

We (1,060 furloughees) won't forget. And all the ComAir pilots who have their heads in the sand and claim "we didn't know", it's time to get in the game with your union.

AFELLOWAVIATOR,
I don't really have a dog in this flight other than having friends at both CMR and DAL, but I can't help but noticing your arguments are flawed. You keep talking about how the CMR MEC is there to take care of CMR pilots...fine. How is hiring DAL furloughees to the bottom of the list effecting CMR pilots in any way shape or form? As I see it, current CMR pilots are still moving up in seniority and you keep doors open and bridges in tact as opposed to closing doors and burning bridges. It appears to be a win win situation for all involved. If preferential hiring is detrimental, you sure haven't made a case for it.:eek: Please educate the masses.

All of you are still missing the point. I don't know how to make it any more clear.
Our MEC's job has absolutely nothing to do with who I might want to fly for next. There sole purpose in life is to advance the careers of Comair pilots as it pertains to being a COMAIR PILOT...

All this emotional stuff about burning bridges and helping our brothers is just that, emotional hype that does not, purposely or other wise, have any thing to do with what happened.

I don't know what "shoe" you are speaking of. Our MEC must put our interest as COMAIR PILOTS first, above all else. The Delta MEC knew this when they approached them. I found the way they handled the whole thing as absolutely shameful and unprofessional.
They, of all people, know what our MEC's duties are, and the way they announced to the world what they were going to ask of our MEC before it happened was a premeditated attempt to stack the cards and disgrace our pilot group.

If I was a Delta furloughee, I would be asking them if a preff. hiring plan was all they could come up with, and if so, why? We have three pilot groups on property competeing for the same flying. The company is hiring pilots and buying aircraft as they furlough pilots, and this is all the Delta MEC can come up with?

I suppose it's definitely wrong of an ALPA MEC to go to bat for jobs of furloughees and strikers because it does absolutely nothing for the non-striking pilot group who's hiring.

Tell that to UAL ALPA, my union brother.

Enlighten us please.....

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
All of you are still missing the point. I don't know how to make it any more clear. Our MEC's job has absolutely nothing to do with who I might want to fly for next. There sole purpose in life is to advance the careers of Comair pilots as it pertains to being a COMAIR PILOT...
You are the one missing the point. Everyone understands that your MEC's job is to look after you. The point you are missing is that your MEC could look after you AND some DAL furloughees by allowing pref hiring. Get it! They would still be looking after you and advancing your career. How is the pref hiring NOT looking out for CMR pilots? That is the point we are all waiting for you to enlighten us on.:confused:

Not sure what AFellowAviators means.

How does hiring a furloughed pilot with lots of experience and placing him on the bottom of the seniority list hurt ComAir pilots?

I was always thankful when I was a commuter captain to have an experienced pilot in the right seat vs. somewhat brand new.

As a sim instructor, wouldn't you prefer training someone with EFIS/FMS and jet experience vs. a 800 hour Academy grad?

Respectful of your thoughts,

Heilborn1

scope

scope is the reason DAL pilots can't come to COMAIR, DAL has limits on what we can fly, the MEC wants them removed. It has nothing to do with anything else, period. Pref hiring is a joke anyway. I think I would be more pizzed about the scope reset than some low paying job. Which will keep you on the streets longer?

I'd much rather fly with a new guy than some bitter bitXh.

x-midway

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back