• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJFlyer said:
fanman,

And being 24

I fly for fun,

Another one in the right seat of an CRJ working for free........

Step 1. You guys need to walk away from the slave labor deal you have until you get some real pay for the hardship and risk you take Daily...

Step 2. Fire ALPA!! They are a two headed snake who only work for the big boys- (which happen to be in the process of sticking it to you)....

You Delta guys need to stop trying to sh*t on the RJ types with the two headed ALPA coin you carry in your pocket...... You are on the street stay there... What gives you the right to fight against the RJ's one day, (with ALPA) then kick the Comair or ASA guys (also ALPA) out on the street because your out of work??? Suck it up and march like a man down to the unemployment office and get your check.. What you Delta guys need to be thinking about is how to change your work rules so you don't slash your companies throats.. No wonder SWA is kicking your as*es all over the US...

Yes I'm a member of a UNION....

Last edited:
Another one in the right seat of an CRJ working for free........

Not by choice...and not for free, well i guess 18K a year is about as free as you can get....I made as much flying a beech around...

CRJFlyer said:

NYRanger,
It is gonna be too bad if things between DAL and Comair remain this way...alot of good people will miss out, both us at Comair and even at Delta cause they may miss a chance to fly with some good guys...well, mostly me but, I'm trying to keep my head from getting stuck in the doorway...ha...well actually the FA's will miss the chance...oh that was a good one..I'll leave on that one..:cool:

It's all just a bitch fest. It sounds like you are good people and I hope to see you at Delta one day. You have the attitude to make it, I may be able to help, PM me sometime.

If majority of rank-and-file CMR pilots believe their MEC is wrong, and that if it had gone to a vote that it would pass by a higher margin than the contract, they should contact Capt. Lawson and demand he changes that stance. I know if I was a Comair pilot, Capt. Lawson would get an earful.

Something to be said for Strength From Within :)

I'm not a Comair pilot and I'm not a Delta pilot however I was a flight instructor here in the Cincinnati area during the Comair. All I can say is we had a stack of Comair pilot resumes. Some instructors were pissed that we hired a few of them. They took flying away from us. The worsed part about it was is we only made about 15K a year. These guys got strike pay and were only doing it to kill time. Personally I welcomed some of the instructors. The only reason was that many of the instructors around here trained at crappy part 61 schools and they just flat out suck. The guys we hired were Comair academy guys and Embry-Riddle guys. They helped bring the level of instruction up ten full. Although this was good instructing was a last resort for them and they really screwed some of the young guys who were just trying to pay bills and get flight time. Everyone at Comair thinks that they are some self made company. The only reason Comair is not a Mesa or a Piedmont is because of the way Delta's management and Pilots treated you while you were still growing. Comair rode Delta's coat tail with little risk. The least your MEC can do is return the favor and help some of the Delta pilots out when they need them.

CRJ Flyer,

I know you want to have fun while flying, and that is good. I enjoyed flying in the regionals, even though some of the seven leg days were long. I enjoyed the people and the planes. But, then I went to Delta and three short years later I was flying in a BIG plane (767-300) that was a handful, and flying it over the beach and landing it in Bermuda. I am not trying to brag, but if you think you are having fun now, think about somewhere where you are actually paid very well to have fun flying to nice places. ( I know, I think you go to NAS from MCO---which is nice)
Do you want a chance to fly something like that? What you and the other Comair pilots need to do is raise a stink to your MEC.
I want to help my friends on furlough, and I think some of them would like to fly again, even if it is on the bottom of your list.

Broke in CVG,

You need to say something to your MEC, because if our MEC cannot get anywhere with him, how can we? It is obvious that your MEC would never want to fly FO on a Delta plane. That is dangerous for everyone at Comair who does. He is not thinking about YOUR interests, only the 100 top guys at Comair that are too proud to fly FO on an MD88---for more pay. Our MEC offered preferential hiring to COMAIR and ASA pilots when things turn around, and only ASA stepped up to the plate. When thing do turn around there will eventually be hiring and about half will be ASA guys/girls, and the other half will be Military and some other lucky regional guys. You need to say something to Lawson because he will not help pay your big mortgage in 10 years.

Cliff,

You are uninformed. The Delta furloughs would not kick RJ guys out on the street, they would go to the bottom of the list? Who would that hurt, especially if they are hiring 40-50 a month? They were offered something like preferential hiring to allow our guys to go to the BOTTOM? So, you want them to "suck it up" and march to the unemployment line? Well, they might do that for a while, but eventually they will pass your a$$ in their new Porsche. And, you want our guys to change some work rules. Hmmm. Sounds like Delta is in such dire straits----they still have enough money to buy $1.1 billion worth of new RJ's this year alone, and have $2.6 billion in cash, with another $2 Billion in equity to mortgage if they have too. What work rules do you want us to change? Fly more? Nope, not with guys out. Pay cut? How about management also, and Comair and ASA guys--just to keep it fair. What else Cliff?

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

-------------------------------------
...but eventually they will pass your a$$ in their new Porsche.
-------------------------------------

And that, really, is how you know that they are superior to you. NOT only as pilots, but as human beings.

Latest resources

Back