DAL/NWA pilots RE: furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True.
Fact is that after SLI the bottom of the list will be realized in one way or another. Coming over to the DAL side is just semantics. It allows them to stay on the payroll and realize a mainline job before SOC.
I personally think that it shows good will on all parts.

Heyas Super,

The major, MAJOR, fly in this ointment was the number one supremo screw job that the JPWA laid on us, which was the retiree health insurance debacle.

Now, instead of being able to plan for retirements in an orderly way, you have 200-??? guys who are going to try to sharpshoot the system.

Once they get wind of when DCC is going to happen, hundreds will walk away with the absolute minimum notice to the company.

The training bubble is going to happen, just at a worse time, that's all.

Nu

Exactly the point I was trying to get across thanks. The question is how will that play into the sli talks? We'll see

Perhaps he's calling BS because he's in that projected furlough group.:eek:

or it's because anything regarding "furloughs" right now is RUMOR. The info I posted is straight from the company and is actually official info. Feel free to post any real info regarding furloughs, thanks for your contributions to the discussion though :rolleyes:

My source is straight from the company. Sorry if it offends you that i posted something from an official source directly contradicting your "info".

Unfortunately when it comes to Northwest (or any airline for that matter) I'd tend to put a little stock into the "writing on the wall" before I fully bought into anything management spouted off.

Even if they toss NWA guys to the DAL side it still results in "the need for no furloughs" which is what they are saying right?

Last edited:
Unfortunately when it comes to Northwest (or any airline for that matter) I'd tend to put a little stock into the "writing on the wall" before I fully bought into anything management spouted off.

Even if they toss NWA guys to the DAL side it still results in "the need for no furloughs" which is what they are saying right?

They (mgmt & ALPA) are saying by next year we could be about 400-500 people SHORT due to retirements and the Delta staffing model change in the JPWA.

Lucky for them they have 36 months after DCC to be in compliance with the staffing model.
Now when it comes to the retirements, yes if they offer all of the early outs that were requested, then yes we could be quite short.

Lucky for them they have 36 months after DCC to be in compliance with the staffing model.
Now when it comes to the retirements, yes if they offer all of the early outs that were requested, then yes we could be quite short.

Your forgetting that the Early outs werent even offered to the Widebody guys (typically more senior). So it isnt just about if they offer all the PERPS its how many will leave even without a perp. Best part is with those, the company has no say in when or if Someone can submit their retirement papers. IMHO thats why they arent awardng all of the early outs that were applied for because the company knows more are going to reitre on their own and dont want to suddenly have a giant void to fill, which will happen eventually anyway. There are many unknowns.

Last edited:
Good source ... 50 new-hires next year.

Latest resources

Back