• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA pilots RE: furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a management bubba today... at least 100-200 new hires next year. We are currently short in narrow body categories.

I guess see what this month's vacancy bid actually shows...

I hope it doesn´t happen!! But I do believe that it'll be a very rough road ahead. Telling a Delta pilot that there's anything wrong with Delta or it has a gloom future is pointless. Sort of like having your head stuck in the sand. I think that the NW guys coming over are going to give you a HUGE culture shock. And to think that Delta is truly in the driver's seat is wrong. It's the shareholders and they don't give a f*** about you. As far as retirements, I thought it'll be mostly NW retirements, not Delta. Also, weren't you both in bankruptcy? So the core problem is still there. A few 777's aren't going to fix things. So I'm assuming that a merger will solve all the problems then right? Then you throw in the COST of a merger along with a bunch of old a** planes. Hmmmm.........you're right....bright future. In the end, no one's safe. I wish everyone the best...we're going to need it.

Last edited:
Hi!

There definitely WILL be a furlough.

Sometime between now and whenever DAL/NWA ceases to exist as an organization, or when the future DAL is merged into another airline, and between now and when THAT organization ceases to exist.

It could occur in a couple of years, or it might be 5-20+ years from now.

As for it happening anytime soon? Not unless something major happens, like Cheney organizes an attack on Iran, which would drive up the cost of oil to $250+, probably.

cliff
YIP

Wow, who pizzed in your wheaties???

I hope it doesn´t happen!! But I do believe that it'll be a very rough road ahead. Telling a Delta pilot that there's anything wrong with Delta or it has a gloom future is pointless. Sort of like having your head stuck in the sand. I think that the NW guys coming over are going to give you a HUGE culture shock. And to think that Delta is truly in the driver's seat is wrong. It's the shareholders and they don't give a f*** about you. As far as retirements, I thought it'll be mostly NW retirements, not Delta. Also, weren't you both in bankruptcy? So the core problem is still there. A few 777's aren't going to fix things. So I'm assuming that a merger will solve all the problems then right? Then you throw in the COST of a merger along with a bunch of old a** planes. Hmmmm.........you're right....bright future. In the end, no one's safe. I wish everyone the best...we're going to need it.

Wow, it would be hard to go through life with so much pessimism. You should see somebody or you will take years off your life! It's one thing to reject the kool aid and prepare for bad times, but to see EVERYTHING as a negative is not healthy.

Latest resources

Back