• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, preferential interviews not preferential hiring. I'm all for hiring every one of those ASA guys/gals that helped out Delta furloughees in their time of need. As for the Comair folks, here's my thoughts;

We walked their picket line, we took assessments from our paychecks to put food on their table, we wouldn't fly their struck work. Then when those same Delta guys/gals needed help from Comair after being furloughed, Comair turned their backs on them.

Don't give me that line about, "it was the senior Comair guys, not us." In 5 years, I didn't have a single Comair guy come up to me in ATL/CVG airports and say, "it's not me", or "we don't agree with this", or "I'm really sorry this happened". I didn't see you trying to recall your MEC or JC Lawson because you disagreed with the policy. Your silence as a group was tacit approval and now it's going to come back and haunt you. I hope life's good over there, you don't deserve an interview.

Trigger

Funny... My take on the Delta relationship is a little different. Since I came onto the property a little over two and a half years ago I have always been nice to the Delta guys. Saying hi in the terminals and nodding with a smile...etc. I can honestly count on one hand the number of times Delta guys even acknowledged that I was there. It actually happened again this morning in the CVG parking lot. I asked the guy how he was doing and he just gave me a dirty look. Well f*ck him! After two and a half years I don't know why I even bother.

The only guy that knows who is going to be interviewed is Jon Swift. He is doing it all himself.

Using that logic, what right do ANY of us have wanting anthing from any other group? What right do you have to want your furloughs to go to ASA or CMR? What right do the USAirways pilots have to get super-seniority at PSA?

Are you saying that the Delta pilots have a "right" to get something from us, but we don't have any "rights" to request something in return?

Ok I will follow your logic. Comair faught hard to ensure that Delta pilots would not be hired at Comair! We asked and your MEC said Fuc$ you resign! You gave us nothing! Now lets just return the favor, I say lets fight to keep the Comair pilots off our list. There is to much conflict between the two groups, it would just cause problems in the cockpit!

Acarpe what a low life you are. I ask a question and you respond by calling me names. WOW. But I bet that you are the type of person who could never say that to someones face because you are just not a man. Coward. UBA757

UBA757

So you say I am not a man because I will not say this to your face. What does that make you for doing the same thing? I would be glad to say it to your face if I ever saw you! No offense, I just donot want to see any of your guys come here. That being said, I don't do the hiring!

So General I have a question for you. I was a pilot at CMR for a little more than a year from 2005 to 2006, would you oppose someone like me from being hired at Delta? UBA757

YEP!, Look back to 2001, 2002 posts from here. Most cmr pilots thought the day Delta recalled would never come.....check the comments......it's hard to forget for many. No one proposed a resolution or voted out leadership..........................Not interested!

Have you seen the pay rates of the other majors?

Only FDX, WN, and UPS pay better...

Latest resources

Back