• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of which, I tried to ride a Compass FA jumpseat last week. The keyword is "tried." I was commuting home, the flight was full, and another NWA guy already has the cockpit jumpseat. So in my attempt to ride the Compass cabin jumpseat, I was informed by the Captain that FA jumpseats are not an option for NWA pilots. Alright, another night in MSP as the EMB175 taxis out with two open cabin jumpseats!!!. We gave them our flying and we can't even ride in an open cabin jumpseat. WTF!!!!

Unfortunately Compass management doesn't let anyone ride the FA jumpseat other that Compass employees. I don't' know why and I don't agree with it.

Speaking of which, I tried to ride a Compass FA jumpseat last week. The keyword is "tried." I was commuting home, the flight was full, and another NWA guy already has the cockpit jumpseat. So in my attempt to ride the Compass cabin jumpseat, I was informed by the Captain that FA jumpseats are not an option for NWA pilots. Alright, another night in MSP as the EMB175 taxis out with two open cabin jumpseats!!!. We gave them our flying and we can't even ride in an open cabin jumpseat. WTF!!!!

Is anyone working on this? I don't see why people should be left behind, we are all represented by the same MEC.

2) Full pay for the trip whether you make the trip or not, just so you followed the "back-up" rule.

Pretty sure this is not right. They will always give you the Y1 to get you there, but if for some reason (mechanical on the backup or whatever) you won't get there in time to work the trip Bid Schedule Trip Guarantee does not apply. They will, however, make every attempt to return you to the trip ASAP. If they can't get you back you can sit time available in base for open flying.

Two more questions about DALs policy. Do both the flights have to be Delta flights, or could one be offline? If you can't make it for the start of the trip (couldn't get on both), will they return you to the trip as soon as they can or do they just take you off the whole thing?

I think ACL is right about one thing. There's going to be a lot more commuters. The only reason Call in Honest exists at NWA is because of the high number of sick calls due to missed commutes. At some point the company decided the revenue lost by potentially bumping one passenger was insignificant compared to the revenue lost by having to cancel a flight because someone who was trying his best to get to work just couldn't get there. I think (or hope) that Delta will come around to this way of thinking as well.

I am guessing that they will have to. It happens every so often now and reserves have always been able to cover it.
One issues is the DFWers. There are hundreds of pilots out of there. This would make the company increase gauge just to make sure they were not bunping too many revnue passengers.

I am guessing that they will have to. It happens every so often now and reserves have always been able to cover it.
One issues is the DFWers. There are hundreds of pilots out of there. This would make the company increase gauge just to make sure they were not bunping too many revnue passengers.

Yeah, I didn't think about the DFW thing. That would be a big issue. Seems like it would be easier to just re-open the base :)

Thanks for all the good info.

Don't forget, after giving up 47% of our pay, we also now have the use of a flight attendant jumpseat, as long as it is not taken by a stew......

Bye Bye--General Lee

At least you have a lot of flights to Africa to make up for that pay loss.

Yeah, I didn't think about the DFW thing. That would be a big issue. Seems like it would be easier to just re-open the base :)

Thanks for all the good info.

The DFW commute is awful. If you are lucky enough to get the jumpseat, that is one thing. If you can't, there is NO way you will get the flight attendant jump, or a regular seat in the back. There are hundreds of stews with 40 years at the company trying to get those seldom open seats in the back of the multitude of MD88s between DFW and ATL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back