• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good joke about Love and Dal but Love field is the one were American and Delta left and built DFW with their money for the city and people of Dallas only to have the bottom feeder(SWA) come in and move into Dal for nothingm Just like they did when the big airlines paid for O'hare and now Den. Just saying it must be nice to have someone else pay for ur stuff, its the American way.

Good joke about Love and Dal but Love field is the one were American and Delta left and built DFW with their money for the city and people of Dallas only to have the bottom feeder(SWA) come in and move into Dal for nothingm Just like they did when the big airlines paid for O'hare and now Den. Just saying it must be nice to have someone else pay for ur stuff, its the American way.

Dude, there's no reason for that. It'd be nice if there were more solidarity among those of us that do this job. I love working at DL but it sure would be nice to work for a company that didn't lose money by the train load every quarter.

openings

Based on the estimated category list provide on the dalpa forum, here COULD be the openings:

ATL M88 28

DTW 320 56
DTW DC9 13

LAX 73N 1

MEM 320 2
MEM DC9 12

MSP 320 43
MSP M88 65
MSP DC9 10

NYC 73N 2
NYC M88 31

Not saying this has anything to do with reality:D but the estimated category list compared to the 22 D 3 report left these openings

fish

Based on the estimated category list provide on the dalpa forum, here COULD be the openings:

ATL M88 28

DTW 320 56
DTW DC9 13

LAX 73N 1

MEM 320 2
MEM DC9 12

MSP 320 43
MSP M88 65
MSP DC9 10

NYC 73N 2
NYC M88 31

Not saying this has anything to do with reality:D but the estimated category list compared to the 22 D 3 report left these openings

fish

I know of at least 10 pilots that bid LAX and did not get it. I find it hard to believe any LAX openings went unfilled. The other categories look reasonable to me. I would probably add MSP7ER.

I know of at least 10 pilots that bid LAX and did not get it. I find it hard to believe any LAX openings went unfilled. The other categories look reasonable to me. I would probably add MSP7ER.

MSP7ER showed 228 required and 228 in category. I was wondering about LAX and also MEM 320 because it only had 2 openings. Cant wait to see the actually category list.

MSP7ER showed 228 required and 228 in category. I was wondering about LAX and also MEM 320 because it only had 2 openings. Cant wait to see the actually category list.

I think you're right about mem having a few unfilled slots but I also think hockey is right about msp7er have unfilled slots.

I know a few guys who wanted lax but got the 7er by surprise first.

Either way, it's good to see positive movement :beer:

FWIW,
Just because there are ER slots does not mean that those will be the first ones filled. The bid created vacancies as we knew it would. It is now at the companies discretion as to where they stick class one, two, etc. The new hires will go to where the initial need is.

FWIW,
Just because there are ER slots does not mean that those will be the first ones filled. The bid created vacancies as we knew it would. It is now at the companies discretion as to where they stick class one, two, etc. The new hires will go to where the initial need is.

Lots to think about here.

I'm with ACL. The big gaps above are probably where you will see class vacancies. MSP, NYC, ATL -88. MSP & DTW 320.

I also would not be surprised to see DTW & MSP DC-9. I have a hard time believing all of those senior guys are really going to ride out reserve/bottom dweller on the -9 to the bitter end. The bottom dropped out quite a bit for most of them on this last bid. I think a lot of them underestimated that the guys below would be able to bid out (our AE system which is still new to DAL North guys pretty much guaranteed it though with 300+ surpluses). That's sacrificing quite a bit of QOL just to get a mandatory displacement 4-5 years from now...especially now they see how much more seniority they would have in other categories that pay more (do you want to sit on the bottom of the -9, or have decent seniority on the 320/7ER? By the time you get displaced you could have paid for your own move with the higher pay, plus your 2 year seat lock would have been up already).

For the smaller numbers in "openings" shown in the post above being less than 10 short in a seat probably isn't going to be a priority. If there are a few seats open in places like MSP ER or LAX 73N those seats will be filled no problem on the next AE or if they really need them they can tack them on to a class here and there.

They will do what they have to do to keep undesirable positions filled. Last hiring wave NYC -88 was a revolving door so it showed up on just about every drop towards the end of the hiring spree regardless what the staffing was up there. Since New Hires are not seat locked, and in times of hiring AE's occur about every 3-4 months, they will have to continuously refill positions like NYC -88, DTW -9, MSP -9 as guys that get "stuck" with things they don't want quickly bid off to something else.

Some pretty big holes need to be filled on some pretty attractive positions as well (-88/320 MSP/DTW/ATL) though so in the end it all comes down exactly to what ACL said. "They'll stick em where they need em".

The good thing is as long as they keep the hiring/A.E.'s going most in the front half of the wave should be able to get into a decent seat inside of 6 months...and if hiring keeps on after that, life will be good for all.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back