• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 757 with no Wemacs??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few of our 757's are equipped for 22 mins of pax O2 instead of the standard 12. These are used on some of the SA routes that have long periods over high terrain. I've heard that to make room for the larger oxygen generators there is no gasper system installed.

Hey General Jackass-

If you believe that a Netjets guy shouldn't complain when it is his company paying for the ticket, then I would remind YOU not to complain at any of the hotels Delta pays for you to stay in.

Let me gues, you're one of those arrogant little, "I fly the ER" guys aren't you. My friend, it is just a job. The only person that cares about you sitting in your gay little ER is you. BTW, your ER is one of the worst products to fly on internationally. Business Class, are you f'ing kidding me! What a joke. At least Delta has 777's with an ok product.

You really ought to get off your high horse, or should I say your pathetic little ER, and realize that Netjets is contributing to YOUR paycheck.

p.s. I loved those 757s... except for the P&Ws, that is. Rolls look so much.... sleeker. And those MD83Gs... ahhhh, verry nice. My 75/76 FMS learning was a lot easier thanks to those 83Gs.

73:

I was a senior 767 F/O when TWA got their first 757 in Aug '96. (It was some well needed good news one month after TWA800)

I was able to fly our first 757 when it was 3 days old! It smelled like a new car! Not a bad L/O either, 25 hours in Orange County, CA. For the first month there was a Boeing rep on each flight. If something broke he was right on it.

Meant to copy the part about the TWA 757's. I laugh every time I go into LAX and see two or three ex-TWA 757's sitting there on the C10 side of the Delta concourse.

The AA pilots wouldn't shut up about TWA's "old fleet". Those were some of the newest 757's around and half our 80's were newer than AA's. I won't even go into the 717 issue--it hurts too much.

Now, they just bitch about AA's old fleet... TC

P.S.--Internet on an 88 doesn't do much good--the legs are too short to hit the good sites on Thumbzilla... :D

I never understood why the AA guys didn't like them. I guess maybe the Pratts don't climb like the Rolls do but bitching about the climb rate on any 75 is really minor. They replaced the interiors and put 16 business class seats, PTVs with AVOD, Pegasus FMS w/GPS, and winglets. They fly great and the passengers love them. It's nice to walk around and see those TW registrations.

Last edited:
1900, my brother said the same thing, only he rode that piece of crap all the way to Seattle from ATL. He said it was miserable the entire flight.

I never understood why the AA guys didn't like them. I guess maybe the Pratts don't climb like the Rolls do but bitching about the climb rate on any 75 is really minor. They replaced the interiors and put 16 business class seats, PTVs with AVOD, Pegasus FMS w/GPS, and winglets. They fly great and the passengers love them. It's nice to walk around and see those TW registrations.

Nah, the AA guys liked 'em just fine. It was more the hassles of having to learn the differences, and the TWA birds just added a 6th version of the 757/767s we had at the time. (757, 757ER, 75TW, 762, 762ER, and 763ER.)

They do look great in DL colors... and the TW registration is great airline nostalgia. I wish we would've kept them.

73:

I was a senior 767 F/O when TWA got their first 757 in Aug '96. (It was some well needed good news one month after TWA800)

I was able to fly our first 757 when it was 3 days old! It smelled like a new car! Not a bad L/O either, 25 hours in Orange County, CA. For the first month there was a Boeing rep on each flight. If something broke he was right on it.

Nothing like that new airplane smell!

I just flew one of our latest 767s, a 2003 model. That's as close to a "new airplane" I've been in awhile.

Latest resources

Back