• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 757 with no Wemacs??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone who used to fly a BE1900 is complaining about a lack of air or being uncomfortable. I bet he never heard that while flying the BE1900........He forgets sooooo soon.

Hey now, with the blowers on HI, the air coming out of those vents of a 1900 will rip your toupe off! Now whether the air is COLD, that's a different story. Especially if you had the old P.O.S Director of MX that Commutair had in the late 90's. He regarded the VCM as a "passenger convenience item" and not worthy of his attention. Would have loved to have strapped him in for a July hour-taxi in IAD to see if he would change his mind!

Someone who used to fly a BE1900 is complaining about a lack of air or being uncomfortable. I bet he never heard that while flying the BE1900........He forgets sooooo soon.

Big difference between flying a 1900 and riding on a full Y fare on a 757, GL...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you know that.

I'm 100% confident CA1900 understands the cabin temp problems caused by an inop APU, but I'd also be baffled by not having any wemacs/gaspers/eyeball vents/etc in the cabin of an airliner.

Uhhh.... no. I rode on it. I'd have taken a picture of the overhead console if I had thought of it.

Delta 692, MCO-ATL, this morning. It left 36 minutes late, meaning I missed my connection to Wilmington. It left 5 minutes after we blocked in (pushed 5 early), and we got to enjoy 3 extra hours in ATL waiting for the next one.

The only other oddity was that the Smoking and FSB signs had Korean text over the English. Second-hand airplane, maybe?

CA1900,

You are not airlining quite enough! ;) Only 38K miles?! :eek:

IDEtoNJA

Big difference between flying a 1900 and riding on a full Y fare on a 757, GL...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you know that.

I'm 100% confident CA1900 understands the cabin temp problems caused by an inop APU, but I'd also be baffled by not having any wemacs/gaspers/eyeball vents/etc in the cabin of an airliner.

My point being that not all planes (including those particular 757s or BE1900s for that matter) are easy to cool, and yes, a broken APU makes it worse. He should have known that, and he should have remembered back to the days when his B1900 was sitting in line at a hot IAD afternoon and he was helpless. I could expect that from an AirForce pilot who never had to deal with it, but not a Commuter guy. I flew E120s out of MDW way back when, and we had hot Summers too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Gotcha. I just thought the layout was weird enough that I had to share it with my Flightinfo family. :laugh:

On a positive note, we were too late to do the trip, so we ended up just staying in Wilmington. Paddy's Hollow Pub is delicious, by the way. :beer:
Good beer yes but I prefer "The Copper Penny" great food, beer, and alwyas have some sort of special on both. It's on Chesnut street I think.

Don't speak to soon. First DL MD-88 had wifi installed a couple days ago, installation is quick, and the entire fleet should have it by next summer.

http://blog.delta.com/2008/10/01/sent-from-33000-feet/

Meant to copy the part about the TWA 757's. I laugh every time I go into LAX and see two or three ex-TWA 757's sitting there on the C10 side of the Delta concourse.

The AA pilots wouldn't shut up about TWA's "old fleet". Those were some of the newest 757's around and half our 80's were newer than AA's. I won't even go into the 717 issue--it hurts too much.

Now, they just bitch about AA's old fleet... TC

P.S.--Internet on an 88 doesn't do much good--the legs are too short to hit the good sites on Thumbzilla... :D

The AA pilots wouldn't shut up about TWA's "old fleet". Those were some of the newest 757's around and half our 80's were newer than AA's. I won't even go into the 717 issue--it hurts too much.

Now, they just bitch about AA's old fleet...

TC, you cracked the code. There is ALWAYS something to bitch about here!

p.s. I loved those 757s... except for the P&Ws, that is. Rolls look so much.... sleeker. And those MD83Gs... ahhhh, verry nice. My 75/76 FMS learning was a lot easier thanks to those 83Gs.

The only other oddity was that the Smoking and FSB signs had Korean text over the English. Second-hand airplane, maybe?

Is there a way to find out the tail number or that bird? ATA had one bastard child of the fleet from somewhere overseas with foreign text on everything. I think the only reason they had it was because they had a sweet power by the hour lease on it. It was N521AT. Biggest P.O.S. i've ever had the displeasure of working on.

Could it have been N521AT?
Just curious where that thing ended up.

Latest resources

Back