• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 757 with no Wemacs??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Nose, if you ever fly 7501TW, that's the one I was talking about in an earlier post, the first 757 TWA got. I don't know if Delta has that one.

Glass,

We got 17 of them, N702TW-707TW, N709TW-712TW, N721TW-723TW, and N727TW. The N numbers are TW but DL changed the company ship numbers to 6800 series for these aircraft to match up better with the rest of the 757 fleet, so N702TW is 6802.

It looks like 701TW ended up in Asia. Here's a couple links. Cheers.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing-757-2Q8/1289381/M/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Trans-World-Airlines/Boeing-757-2Q8/0276723/M/

Last edited:
Thanks Nose for the great links! Hope you enjoy flying these as much as we did at TWA/AA. I still can't believe Boeing quit making them.

Dang, that 757 looks sharp in the TWA paint scheme. I wish AA would commemorate one of ours in an honorary TWA paint scheme... kind of like the Retro Jet, or the Heritage deal that US has.

DL pilots, enjoy 'em! We sure miss them.

Sadly, the DL pilots don't like to fly them very much. They are flown primarily on the thinner Europe routes by the ER category pilots. These guys are used to flying the 767 and typically try to avoid any 757 trips. It doesn't help that the 75's are not set up very well for three-man crews.

Dang, that 757 looks sharp in the TWA paint scheme. I wish AA would commemorate one of ours in an honorary TWA paint scheme... kind of like the Retro Jet, or the Heritage deal that US has.

DL pilots, enjoy 'em! We sure miss them.

73, I agree. I doubt that a commemorative paint scheme reflecting ANY of AA's past captures (TransCarib, Air Cal, Reno, TWA) is likely, however.

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back