Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice thread-
"my company sucks, BUT IT SUCKS WAY LESS THAN YOURS!!!"

Scope- your schtick works, so I don't blame you for keeping it up as long as guys jump in so defensively- but while you keep on your pft trip and try and get a rise out of pilots
you cant overstep the fact that 90+% of Swa pilots are happy w/ just about everything- and for good reason.

For my generation- there's only been one people carrier worth working at. Every other place, you have to be super active in your union from day 1 to address a hundred different very real problems.

I wish you sincere good luck in your battles- and all ego trips aside- you have my support

Some mechanic is getting high fives from his buddies after starting this rumor...

With a number that high- does it matter?
Seriously- what a retarded question...

I only asked, because I thought there was a section 1 limitation. I was wondering if that limit had been exceeded. Sorry I asked. I'll try to ask myself if my question is retarded before typing next time.

Last edited:
Heard today that the Co approached Dalpa about 100 seat relief for a 22% pay increase. I hope this is just an ugly rumor but I heard it from someone on the 3rd floor and "in the know". Normally I wouldn't get worked up about hearsay but with the history of Dalpa signing LOA's first and informing/"consulting" later...has me worried. If this happens not only will we not hire for a decade, we could possibly end up furloughing. At the very least it would mean career stagnation for years. They can take the 22% and shove it IMHO.

Your rumor has holes in it......Your first problem is using a quote from anybody on the THIRD floor. Only the FOURTH floor would know......and second?? You know the only source to trust around this place is a Flight Attendant....c'mon and get with the program!!:laugh:

Yeah yeah yeah, you are right....but it doesn't hurt for all of us to be cognizant of the fact that the co MAY try this tactic and that we ALL need to make our reps fully aware that it is a non starter and that we will NOT stand for it. It shouldn't even make it to the point of an mec vote, it should be rejected by the chair outright and not even be brought up for consideration.

The third floor was NWA's Fourth floor. FWIW.....

FWIW, had a friend tell me that a few company pilots who would be in the know came out strongly against this rumor. They were not mincing words, and were quite emphatic that if there was a 100 seat jet delta pilots would be flying in.

Of course world events not yet know come in to play with everything, but this rumor is not gaining any feet.

The third floor was NWA's Fourth floor. FWIW.....

FWIW, had a friend tell me that a few company pilots who would be in the know came out strongly against this rumor. They were not mincing words, and were quite emphatic that if there was a 100 seat jet delta pilots would be flying in.

Of course world events not yet know come in to play with everything, but this rumor is not gaining any feet.

Who's NWA?? (Just kidding people!!) all in fun!!

Somewhere deep in the bowels of OC1 an OC2 and Natco, a secret plot is developing where the past 60 crowd is working on a new side letter to bring back the PERP program!!!

Well, if it's true, I beg of you guys, please, don't agree to it. For all of our sakes. I say this even though, as a regional guy, I would probably benefit in the short term if it happened.

Don't let them do it. As someone else said, they'll take the pay back but will never give scope back.

Bill,
I know for a fact that there would be a very large percentage of pilots that would take a PERP if offered. Not sure we will see one, but there are many begging......

Honestly, I see the 50 seat market dwindiling as much as it possibly can. The 76 seat jet is a decent product but the trend here is to get out of the small jet business. There is a place for them, but they will become a smaller and smaller amount of our domestic feed. (Not my words btw) I say give it three years and there will be a sizable difference to the way DCI looks.

As has been proved recently the only way to control the quality of your product is to keep it in house.

Latest resources

Back