• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 100 Seat Scope Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our IRO ops....., are all but fixed. Our management has already shown that a return to previous IRO ops are going to happen. It almost happened outside of the contract negotiations but we didn't bite. Will your scope be changed as easy as our embarrassing IRO ops.....? Seriously?

Easy, I sure hope your not on the way to climb up some tower, you nut job. I did not mean to upset the most bitter and unstable person on FI :)

I sure hope you're not that stupid!:laugh: Of course anyone stupid enough to buy their job...............
Well, at least the pft got you through!

Our IRO ops....., are all but fixed.

Are your IRO's still deadheading over to europe for less than 8 hr flights?
Where? In biz or coach?
Our management has already shown that a return to previous IRO ops are going to happen.
Like most things in aviation, I'll believe it when I see it.

It almost happened outside of the contract negotiations but we didn't bite.
We'll see when/IF it takes effect.

Will your scope be changed as easy as our embarrassing IRO ops.....? Seriously?
Seriously.....Probably. There are more small rj's (think 50 seats) coming out of the system this year.
You should also work on getting your new hires health benefits from DOH, not 6 months later. That's pretty embarrassing as well!

I really hope you guys don't bite on any more scope relief. Your scope section is embarrassing.

Bye Bye,

IAHERJ

How many of your 737-500s are being replaced by Dash-8-400s? Looks like you omitted that from your scope. EWR and now IAH. Your jets are not being replaced by 70 seat jets, but rather 70 seat PROPS! And their safety record aint great. Not good. It's spreading......and there is NOTHING you can do about it. The Dash-8-400s also take up more space at a gate than a 50 seater, so it is almost like having a 70 seat jet. Don't get cocky---just fix your lame contract soon. Not only are your bases krappy, but you have low pay, IROs in Coach, bad insurance for newhires, and a loophole for as many large props as they can fit into a ramp area. The truth hurts, doesn't it? But don't worry, if the UAL/USAir thing doesn't work out, maybe UAL and CAL can. That should make you feel better.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Spoken like a true self conscious prick. I make one comment firing back at your endless rant against CAL and you get your feeling hurt. See my reply to you on the other thread for more. General, you work for the largest airline in the world! There, you feel better now. We will fix our problems. I hope you do the same.

ByeBye......IAHERJ

Last edited:
Are your IRO's still deadheading over to europe for less than 8 hr flights?
Where? In biz or coach?

Like most things in aviation, I'll believe it when I see it.

We'll see when/IF it takes effect.

Seriously.....Probably. There are more small rj's (think 50 seats) coming out of the system this year.
You should also work on getting your new hires health benefits from DOH, not 6 months later. That's pretty embarrassing as well!

We are aware of our issues. The company formally offered to return the the previous rest area over a year ago. Our union told them they were not interested in negotiating that item for an item the company wanted relief on at that time. It really happened. Instead of slapping us for our rest area not being in business first 100% of the time you should be applauding our pilots for not letting the company dangle that carrot in front of us in order to cave on something we hold much more higher; scope(the issue at hand was scope related albeit not of the RJ kind of scope). The funny thing is that it seems that you and the GL guy will find a way to bash whatever contract we end up getting instead of building on that and pattern bargaining forward for the good of the industry. It is a personal thing, isn't it.... When you two can't attack our contract(which we can control) you move on to our bases(that we cannot control). That is when you start to show your insecure side and lose the validity of your argument. We knew the bases when we accepted employment at CAL. And as for our 70 seat props, I'll take them any day over a 70 seat jet. They will continue to grow, yes. But they do less harm than a 70 seat jet as far as replacement flying goes. I don't like the idea of them replacing our 737-300/500's but that cat is out of the bag. Percentage wise, we are still better off than what has happened to other mainline carriers as far as replacement of mainline flying over the last decade. In fact, CAL is the only legacy airline that has grown domestic mainline ASMs over the last decade. Like I have said, and continue to say, we will get our house in order. Thanks for caring.

IAHERJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back