• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 100 Seat Scope Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard today that the Co approached Dalpa about 100 seat relief for a 22% pay increase. I hope this is just an ugly rumor but I heard it from someone on the 3rd floor and "in the know". Normally I wouldn't get worked up about hearsay but with the history of Dalpa signing LOA's first and informing/"consulting" later...has me worried. If this happens not only will we not hire for a decade, we could possibly end up furloughing. At the very least it would mean career stagnation for years. They can take the 22% and shove it IMHO.

I am sure the general and scope al all for this. It is a 22 percent raise, no flying to LBB ( the 100 seater can do it ) and no pft :)

ok thanks ACL, you know it's a sad state of affairs when I trust your word over the MEC's. Again, given the history of cloak and dagger LOA's signed and announced post signature...you can see why we are suspicious of rumors and subsequent denials. 63%, wow...that is just wrong.

Andy, who on the MEC told you anything about this? Really....

I ask because I talk to my reps and they know the ramifications of such.

I am sure that nothing OFFICIAL has been asked. Soft probing like last year, yes, of course. They want to see if there is a chance of this floating. I think they realized the response was overwhelming that it is not going to happen.

Is there a time and place that it may, yes. Are they going to OFFICIALLY ask at some point, yes. With the guys on our LEC here in ATL, combined wit the DTW, CVG, LAX, NYC, and MEM reps at a min I suspect that even if it got to the MEC for a vote it would fail.

The general consensus that I have gathered is that no one will accept a scope sale, but many do not want to buy back scope at the cost of their restoration efforts. Maybe as contracts come due, but not for 2012.

That said, DAL does need some apples to entice the FFD operators with to change the terms of these contracts. Bigger jets or more 76 seat jets makes a lot of sense. If they could dump them they would, but as they say a contract is a contract.
Best way to deal with it is to buy the airlines and dissolve em. Many of them can be bought at rock bottom prices.

63% of departures. Mainline has more ASM's. Remember that departures and block hrs equate to jobs, not ASM's. One 744 flying for 14 hrs has more ASM's than eight 50 seat RJ's flying all day long.

I am sure the general and scope al all for this. It is a 22 percent raise, no flying to LBB ( the 100 seater can do it ) and no pft :)

At least our MEC never supported a pft program where you had to buy your job to get hired!;)

Was that you trying to spread this dumb rumor? I told you it was FALSE. Sorry. Have fun this week with multiple AMA turns.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Was that you trying to spread this dumb rumor? I told you it was FALSE. Sorry. Have fun this week with multiple AMA turns.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I really hope you guys don't bite on any more scope relief. Your scope section is embarrassing.

Bye Bye,

IAHERJ

I really hope you guys don't bite on any more scope relief. Your scope section is embarrassing.

Bye Bye,

IAHERJ

While I agree with what you said, it's not nearly as embarrassing as your IRO ops............

Latest resources

Back