DAL 100 Seat Scope Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

andyd

Heard today that the Co approached Dalpa about 100 seat relief for a 22% pay increase. I hope this is just an ugly rumor but I heard it from someone on the 3rd floor and "in the know". Normally I wouldn't get worked up about hearsay but with the history of Dalpa signing LOA's first and informing/"consulting" later...has me worried. If this happens not only will we not hire for a decade, we could possibly end up furloughing. At the very least it would mean career stagnation for years. They can take the 22% and shove it IMHO.

Heard today that the Co approached Dalpa about 100 seat relief for a 22% pay increase. I hope this is just an ugly rumor but I heard it from someone on the 3rd floor and "in the know". Normally I wouldn't get worked up about hearsay but with the history of Dalpa signing LOA's first and informing/"consulting" later...has me worried. If this happens not only will we not hire for a decade, we could possibly end up furloughing. At the very least it would mean career stagnation for years. They can take the 22% and shove it IMHO.
Yeah. What he Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angryfire

It's easy for the company to take pay back, but, as we all know, it's damned near impossible to get scope back.

They win, you lose.

If DALPA even considers responding with anything other than "Burn in H," I will personally insert an "Airline Pilot" magazine in every orifice of every representative we have.

Can you blame management for trying? With the history of DALPA, what do they have to lose? What's the percentage of outsourced domestic feed for Delta right now? 40% or so?

Not true, MEC chair Moak had an open a meeting (q&a) in MSP today, "Company has not approached us about any type of scope relief!" Check out the dalpa page for more info.

Andy;
This is flat out false. SD even stated yesterday at the LCA meeting that he would have had to have been in a meeting like that if it took place and he was at no such meeting.

This rumor is a bad one and over a month old. I think they realized with the few soft attacks last year that scope givebacks like that would cause more problems than they are worth.

Also, talk to your reps, the vast majority are on board with not letting anything like this get out of the MEC for Member Ratification. I sleep well knowing this.

ok thanks ACL, you know it's a sad state of affairs when I trust your word over the MEC's. Again, given the history of cloak and dagger LOA's signed and announced post signature...you can see why we are suspicious of rumors and subsequent denials. 63%, wow...that is just wrong.

Latest resources

Back