CS selling off shares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

208starcheck

I just heard a bunch of guys in the crew lounge talking about CS trying to sell off some of their shares to other companies. Any truth to this or just gossip?

I honestly don't get what you are asking. They can outside charter owner flights but they can't just "sell off" shares to other companies. It is not wall street.

I cannot comment of the above post but I can state that I did a static demo last week in the greater BOS area and 3 of the 4 people who showed up were CURRENT CS owners.

The NJ sales rep was very pleased.

I honestly don't get what you are asking. They can outside charter owner flights but they can't just "sell off" shares to other companies. It is not wall street.

Your confusion is exactly my question. I didn't get it either. The discussion was not about individual flights being sold off. They were talking about reselling the share to competitors. I asked a bunch of questions and when others heard what was being said, they confirmed it.

I think I read that CS recently hired someone who has great relations with corporate flight departments (I can't remember his previous organization). Perhaps those pilots were referring to attempts to sell shares to corporate flight departments to provide extra/supplemental lift...

From another forum there is talk about CS chaning its name to CitationAir. I looked it up and that business name has been filed in Greenwich with the CS address.

Really dont know what it all means, but maybe there are trying to reposition themselves and thier business plan since no fractional that I know of, at this time is taking delivery of new aircraft (therefore new shares).

Could be they are going to exclusively sell the jet cards as that would be the only area that I see any growth for the moment.

I think I read that CS recently hired someone who has great relations with corporate flight departments (I can't remember his previous organization). Perhaps those pilots were referring to attempts to sell shares to corporate flight departments to provide extra/supplemental lift...

If this is their new idea to get more business, they are 110 years behind their competitors. I believe NJ, XOJet, for sure FXJT, don’t know about FLOPS, had been doing it for a while now. Couldn't tell ya how successful the program had been.

Last edited:
yeah you hit that opne right. Netjets has ben doing that since day one. Many of our biggest sales was from corporations that ALREADY had a flight dept. It still works well and it didn't take long for the rest of fractionals copied what we did and expanded.

This isnt a suprise.

I cannot comment of the above post but I can state that I did a static demo last week in the greater BOS area and 3 of the 4 people who showed up were CURRENT CS owners.

The NJ sales rep was very pleased.

I can say the same thing about doing CS demos with current NJ owners showing up. Thats common ground. There are a small percentage of owners who constantly swap back and forth for some reason.

If this is their new idea to get more business, they are 110 years behind their competitors. I believe NJ, XOJet, for sure FXJT, don’t know about FLOPS, had been doing it for a while now. Couldn't tell ya how successful the program had been.
CS is doing anything it can do to generate business. They are being aggressive in block time and aircraft management. About 10% of the fleet is indivually owned but CS managed. Lot's of news coming down in Sept. New name is just one aspect of it.

Latest resources

Back