• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CS selling off shares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the time that all fractionals are having to re-evaluate certain aspects of the business and make adjustments.. Lets hope for the best.

Well that would make sense...by getting out of the shares business ..CitationShares becomes..CitationAir by Cessna.

They are not get getting out of the shares business. They use to refuse to do one time charter request. A minimum investment was a 25 hour card but the way I understand it in addition to managing wholly owned aircraft, selling and managing shares, and jet cards they will actually do one time charter requests as well. The name change is to better reflect their wide range of services available because most think they only sell shares. Every fractional is desperate now and they like the airlines want butts in the seats.

I cannot comment of the above post but I can state that I did a static demo last week in the greater BOS area and 3 of the 4 people who showed up were CURRENT CS owners.

The NJ sales rep was very pleased.

I too have done demo's for CitationShares where the owners were currently with NetJets. Some went with us, some stayed at NJ. These days smart business people weigh their options. I'm sure your sales rep was pleased, he should be pleased with ANY leads he gets. Believe me, your not discovering fire here.

I was told that at the last recurrent class, our chief pilot at flex commented that we were trying to negotiate a purhchase of another fractional. Maybe there is some truth to it.

While consolidation in the fractional market looks like a good idea on paper, I dont see it happening soon. I dont think any of the fractionals are in the financial position to buy another.

I think what you will see first is a change in the way each fractional does business. In a pretty much saturated market, its all a matter of "putting butts in seats" as someone here said. If that means going back to an on-demand charter model in some part of the business than so be it, if it increases revenue.

Until things recover, its about survival.

Sounds a lot like the XOJET model.... Hmmmm

I could definitely see some consolidation in the Fractional/Charter world, but who would buy who???

Latest resources

Back