CS or JB ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hair-on-Fire said:
1. I'm not sure these are the guys you want to get advice from.

How can you say this without knowing which airlines these men led or lead?

Hair-on-Fire said:
2. CS is not profitable, and the employees would be last to know if it was going to shut down tomorrow. It is not a public company and does not publish it's finances.

Your statement is , of course, nonsense. Citation Shares is a part of Cessna, a subsidiary of Textron, a publicly traded company. The following is from Textron's last 10K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commision.

Cessna Revenues
The Cessna segment's revenues increased $174 million in 2004, compared with 2003, primarily due the $76 million increase from the consolidation of CitationShares, $39 million of higher pricing and a $12 million benefit from lower used aircraft overtrade allowances. Citation business revenue jet deliveries were 179 in 2004, compared with 194 jets in 2003.

Hair-on-Fire said:
3. CS seems to be staffed by shiney happy people with no labor issues because those with "issues" get fired.

Your proof of this allegation?

GV

~

Last edited:
Go with JB for the love of god! I've never flown airline, but it seems like a little bit easier on a day to day basis than would be a frac. Even though we fly our a$$es off, flying is only about 10% of the normal daily routine.

Hair-on-Fire said:
GVFlyer said:
How can you say this without knowing which airlines these men led or lead?

Ok then, tell us who they were and we'll evaluate them.

I'll tell you who one of them is, the other doesn't want to be quoted. Bryan Bedford, President and CEO of Republic Holdings was jointly responsible for the comments concerning JetBlue in my original post. I assume you feel yourself to be better qualified to comment on the airline business than those who are hired to run them? Who is "we"? For what group are you the spokesperson?

GVFlyer said:
(In response to Hair-on-Fire's claim that Citation Shares was a private company which was losing money)
Your statement is , of course, nonsense. Citation Shares is a part of Cessna, a subsidiary of Textron, a publicly traded company. The following is from Textron's last 10K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commision.

Cessna Revenues
The Cessna segment's revenues increased $174 million in 2004, compared with 2003, primarily due the $76 million increase from the consolidation of CitationShares, $39 million of higher pricing and a $12 million benefit from lower used aircraft overtrade allowances. Citation business revenue jet deliveries were 179 in 2004, compared with 194 jets in 2003.

Hair-on-Fire said:
Your statement is , of course, nonsense. Just because Textron chooses to lump their CitationShares expenses in with Cessna doesn't mean they're profitable. In fact, your quote just says that revenue increased anyway. Perhaps you don't know the difference.

Your response reminds me that the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. Apparently in your position as group spokesman, reading comprehension is not required. Reread the extract from the SEC 10K filing slowly and you will see that $76 million of Cessna's $174 million revenue increase came from Citation Shares.

I just checked Textron's most recent 10Q filing and Citation Shares is responsible for $40 million in revenues contributing to Cessna's first quarter profits of $65 million.

Remember that you first asserted that Citation Shares was a private company and no financial information was available. Not only is that wrong, but your assumption that financial information on privately held companies is not available is absurd. Such information is readily available from companies such as Hoovers and OneSource.

Hair-on-Fire said:
CS is a joint venture between Cessna and TAG.

This is common knowledge. Do you know how much of Citation Shares Cessna owns? I thought not. Cessna owns 75%.

GVFlyer said:
Your proof of this allegation?

Hair-on-Fire said:
Your disproof of this allegation?

Apparently you are unable to answer my original question with anything except meaningless rhetoric so I will ask it in a way you might understand: Name one person who has been wrongfully terminated from Citation Shares and has subsequently prevailed in court.

GV

Latest resources

Back