CS or JB ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Inspector,

I have three buds with former 121 backgrounds that also worked here at NJA.

Two made the jump to JB and love it. The third did not make it through the JB interview.

Looks like you have been corp in the past. CS may be more to your liking, but I would try and find some CS bubbas for the straight gouge.

Go over to the majors page and do some homework on the go JB or don't go JB threads. There are enough to keep you busy till Christmas!

It's a no-brainer JB.. CS is by far the best of the fractionals.. JB is one of the best majors. I would still take even the shittiest major over the best fractional anyday of the week. The best you'll ever get at CS is 7on 7off. As you acrue seniority at a Major you'll work 12 days a month. That's approx. one month less of work per year, much more money, easier work..blah blah blah. Good luck with your future!!

Uh, yeah. If you have offers at both, it's a no brainer. JB starting pay is about $52k. CS is $36. Even with the relatively quick upgrade at CS, you'll only lag by about a year or two at JB (unless things go badly which is ALWAYS a possibility in the airlines). JB capt. pay is off the scale compared to CS.

JMO.TC

Majors aren't everything

It's really up to you. My experience is that economics is not everything.

So far I've been at 2 regionals, 1 major and 1 fractional. The fractional is the only place in my career that hasn't had a financial crisis.

I recently turned down a position at an LCC to stay at the fractional I'm currently employed with. Why would anyone do that? Well, I get a decent schedule, don't worry about my commute and quite frankly the entire airline industry still remains "unsustainable" with the exception of LUV.

The fractional I'm with has excellent health benefits and I enjoy the flying quite a bit.

I've developed a theory that from now on I would only go to a carrier (corp, frac, major, etc.) that I would invest my money in. Right now, I can't say I'd feel secure enough to invest my money in anything other than LUV or fractionals without attempting to speculate it.

Yes, the pay at fractionals is not what you are going to get at a major. However, so far I've been impressed with the financial stability and the lack of stress not worrying about my commute.

Whatever your decision, good luck!

cathaywannabe said:
It's really up to you. My experience is that economics is not everything.

So far I've been at 2 regionals, 1 major and 1 fractional. The fractional is the only place in my career that hasn't had a financial crisis.

I recently turned down a position at an LCC to stay at the fractional I'm currently employed with. Why would anyone do that? Well, I get a decent schedule, don't worry about my commute and quite frankly the entire airline industry still remains "unsustainable" with the exception of LUV.

The fractional I'm with has excellent health benefits and I enjoy the flying quite a bit.

I've developed a theory that from now on I would only go to a carrier (corp, frac, major, etc.) that I would invest my money in. Right now, I can't say I'd feel secure enough to invest my money in anything other than LUV or fractionals without attempting to speculate it.

Yes, the pay at fractionals is not what you are going to get at a major. However, so far I've been impressed with the financial stability and the lack of stress not worrying about my commute.

Whatever your decision, good luck!

Good post. We recently had two pilots from JetBlue interview for a position. They said that others of their colleagues had gone to Southwest, UPS, and FedEx as well as returning to the airlines that furloughed them. However, there are pilots from JB on this board who seem to be very happy where they are. Again, though, you don't know where they were working before they got on at Neeleman's outfit.

Coincidentily, I have recently (within the last week) spoken with the former CEO of a legacy airline and the current CEO of a regional airline and both have said that Neeleman made a bad decision not only breaking the Southwest single airplane formula, but also by adding short range, market specfic aircraft to do so. They also said that the $100 million in debt JetBlue was assuming for capitlization in facilities from New York to Florida was a mistake - that they were transitioning from a paper airline to one that resembled a legacy airline.

Citation Shares seems more stable - it's the profitable subsidiary of a profitable aircraft manufacturer which is in turn the profitable subsidiary of a major defence contractor. It also seems to be staffed by shiney happy people with no labor issues.

GV

Latest resources

Back