CRJ down in MO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
manfred33 said:
Super_Cub, you're a moron. Never assume you know everything, because ultimately, you will meet someone who knows more than you. In your case, this means everyone. How often do you think that FAA database is updated? The guy was typed in the CRJ otherwise he would not have been a capt., nor was he a street captain. Secondly, he had more flight time and air carrier experience than you in your stinkin' cubs. You've got a lotta nerve posting the things that you do about people and situations you know absolutely ZERO about. Your posts don't make you sound anymore intelligent than the media that reports on aircraft accidents. You should really think long and hard before you click that "submit post" button; in other words, don't follow your instincts.
Actually the FAA web site is updated regularly... My guess is that the Captain was typed within the last 90 days or so since he certificate information on the site doesn't reflect the Type Rating (B-1900 is the only Type shown at this time), if he was typed earlier it would have been up on the web site already...

To be honest, when I looked up the crews info, that was the same thing that went through my mind... From the information on the web site it looked as though both pilots may have been relatively inexperienced in their psoitions...

Again, only going by the information available on the FAA web site. I didn't know either of the two crew members...

May God rest their souls...

ATL2CDG said:
Why not? I'd rather it be an uncontrollable failure of systems from which the guys couldn't recover (viz not their fault) than one of them making a stupid mistake like going to flight idle and pulling straight back on the yoke or purposely cutting the fuel flow then ignoring the EICAS as they tumble towards the earth.

Let's just wait for the NTSB report, or at least info from the black box, before we start wringing our hands and saying "I hope this reporting isn't accurate"; once we have some actual facts (rather than speculation), then we can p!ss in our pants.
Because genius, an "aerodynamic stall" at an aircraft's max service ceiling (41,000') seems to point in a certain direction. That's why I hope the reporting isn't accurate...the same reason as you. No hand-wringing here.

CA1900 said:
Heh, if you find a news organization that operates that way, please let me know and I'll tune in!
Fox News???

J/K!

Falcon Capt said:
Actually the FAA web site is updated regularly... My guess is that the Captain was typed within the last 90 days or so since he certificate information on the site doesn't reflect the Type Rating (B-1900 is the only Type shown at this time), if he was typed earlier it would have been up on the web site already...

To be honest, when I looked up the crews info, that was the same thing that went through my mind... From the information on the web site it looked as though both pilots may have been relatively inexperienced in their psoitions...

Again, only going by the information available on the FAA web site. I didn't know either of the two crew members...

May God rest their souls...
Well, the FAAs image has never been that of speed, so thinking that that database is not updated regularly was not a long shot. I do stand corrected though.

Well, considering they were trying to put it down at the airport located 2 miles away, I think that they did a pretty good job not killing anyone else in the process. Let me know how you do next time you have a dual engine failure in a 30,000lb+ jet.

Corona said:
Wow, the crew put the ship down right where it was safest, in the middle of a densely populated area. Top-notch pros to the end.
Ok, some of you were justifiably pi$$ed about this post. My words were extremely poorly chosen-I can see how it might be read two ways. My guess, as some others have posted, is the airplane had a dual engine failure, and had the difficult job of putting the ship down in a populated area. They were obviously top-notch professionals to keep their bird from hurting anyone on the ground.

My original post was not intended to be sarcastic. I would never make such a comment about a trajedy like this. I have nothing but respect for this crew, and hope for the best for their families.

Last edited by a moderator:
ECUs and Control Amplifiers are located in the Aft Equipment Bay.

DCUs are located in the cockpit.

There is no FADEC on this a/c.

A "stall", aerodynamic or otherwise (g), would activate Continuous Ignition before exceeding critical alpha.

For an estimated weight of 36000#, FL410 was well within the envelope of this a/c. I have personally hand flown 444F at FL410 M.71 MEM-PIT in 2001 with 20-23 pax at 2100 local. Climb performance may suck, but you most assuredly are not "on the ragged edge". I have hand flown with JM and SM to and from Mexico at FL390. Not an issue.

The FAA registry updates every business day at midnight--for those who have not opted out for privacy. I do not believe that you can "opt out, new info only"--so it is _reasonable_ to assume that certification happened withi the last 120 days.

The FO came from Gulfstream, so it is _reasonable_ that his CPL was from the last year. Of course I've been flying for 15 years and have a date of last August--because they were lost and reissued--so it might be nice not to carve up the professional reputations and experience of the crew.

If you want to speculate, why not just say that DW got hungry after eating all the pizza at the last pilot meeting and decided to gnaw through cabling in the AEB? Oh yeah, he can't fit in the hatch. My bad.

I forgot that it had no FADEC.

The media insinuated that the flight before the accident flight aborted due to a bleed leak warning. Is it possible that a catastrophic bleed leak during the accident flight resulted in malfunction of both ECUs? Just speculating here, but there are only a few situations that would impact both engines.

Corona- Whatever, man.

A loss of all engines in a Part 25 aircraft at night is about as bad as it gets. Let's refrain from making comments about experience until the facts are in!

From KOMU--the voice of the inbred Missouri Hill People, or something like that...

http://www.komu.com/crashfollow101504.htm

While investigators refuse to speculate about the cause of the wreck, a review of NTSB and FAA incident reports reveals planes like the one that crashed have had problems reported. One incident report quotes Pinnacle Air's Chief Pilot as saying this model of aircraft has continuous problems with its flaps locking in the downward position and refusing to return to the level position for regular flight. And in at least one other case, pilot error contributed to an engine failure that caused the plane to crash shortly after takeoff.
I've known Terry for years, and that does not sound like anything he would say, commit to writing, or even the way in which he speaks. I am really confused about the last sentence as well.

The only SDR's on this plane are when JM's FO broke the gear handle during IOE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back