CRJ down in MO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
efiscompmon said:
ECUs and Control Amplifiers are located in the Aft Equipment Bay.

DCUs are located in the cockpit.

There is no FADEC on this a/c.
Thanks, thought the ECUs might be in the AEB.... Wasn't sure.

--so it might be nice not to carve up the professional reputations and experience of the crew.
My point exactly.

efiscompmon said:
I've known Terry for years, and that does not sound like anything he would say, commit to writing, or even the way in which he speaks. I am really confused about the last sentence as well.
Don't know Terry that well, but don't think he would have made a statement like that either. Once again, the media doing a wonderful job in reporting.

The only SDR's on this plane are when JM's FO broke the gear handle during IOE.
No kidding?

efiscompmon said:
I've known Terry for years, and that does not sound like anything he would say, commit to writing, or even the way in which he speaks. I am really confused about the last sentence as well.
Agreed, sounds like someone made up a bogus quote, or they got that one from a 3rd party that decided to give them a completely false tidbit. I seriously doubt Terry would say such a thing.

Also, since this is getting a decent amount of press attention, we sould also be acreful what we speculate on this message board. If anyone else remembers, after the Colgan crash in Hyannis, a reporter from a Cape Cod newspaper came on here looking for pilot feedback on the crash. The last thing we want to do is to dishonor Jesse and Peter by giving theese rabid reporters nothing but wild speculation to feed thier appetite.....

RIP God bless both pilots regardless of what happened.

W

Actually, the engines don't have ECU's. They have a FCU mounted on the engine that is nothing more than a hydro mechanical metering device that supplies fuel in response to thrust lever position. It also controls the position of the vairable geometry inlet guide vanes and stator vanes.

Connected to that is the N1 control amplifier which trims the fuel at higher power settings. Greater than 79% (N1 mode). (at lower power settings, the fuel is controlled strickly by the FCU's also known as N2 mode You can turn the amplifiers on and off with two switches in the CP. (Speed Switches).

This pertains to the 3B1 engines on our aircaft. Not sure what type they have at pinnacle.The APU does however have an ECU.

The DCU's don't control the engines at all. All they do is provide the infomration to the EICAS screens in digital or analog formats from diffrent aircaft systems.

Example :aircraft systems
IAPS, stall protection, GPWS, clocks and AHRS.
they process this information and display it on the EICAS, lamp driver units, the MDC (maintenace data computer) and FDR.

Last edited:
328dude said:
Actually, the engines don't have ECU's.
Actually they do. That's what controls the engines at high thrust settings, in conjunction with the FCUs. The DCUs, as you said, do not control in engine function at all, they just collect all the data and organize it to be displayed on EICAS.

efiscompmon.
inbred hill people?
cmon....where you from? ill bet theres alot of smack i can give you about that.....

anyway, im familiar with that exact location and its 3 houses down from my old chief pilot's current house.....
to land it where they did not hitting any house at all....means theyre either extremely lucky or extremely good. its more of a ditch they put it in. nice neighborhood....just a bad place for a plane. looks like the earlier eyewitness reports of fire before impact were unfounded. will be interesting to hear the problem that caused BOTH engines to fail.....

i will continue to pray for them.

I guess the two types of engines are diffrent then. The 3B1's don't have them.

The N1 amplifiers along with the FCU's control our engines. ECU's are not mentioned anywhere I can find. I even pulled out the book. LOL

328dude said:
I guess the two types of engines are diffrent then. The 3B1's don't have them.

The N1 amplifiers along with the FCU's control our engines. ECU's are not mentioned anywhere I can find. I even pulled out the book. LOL
Well, we also have 3B1s, sooooo either one of us is right or one of our manuals is wrong!! :confused: Our manual says that we have an ECU. Very doubtful that they made "special" 3B1s and even more doubtful that our company would pay extra money for "special" engines...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back