• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ down in MO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN's article says "small jet"......foxnews says "small jet." Is it just me or is an RJ a "small jet?" I'd say a Lear 23/Falcon 10 is a "small jet, but an RJ? Cmon! Anyhow thats not the point I know. I wish news folks would at least get past the 6th grade before they go to work.

To the public a CRJ is a small jet! It’s only a big jet to the CFI who just started flying it.

PA-44Typed said:
To the public a CRJ is a small jet! It’s only a big jet to the CFI who just started flying it.
Well...aren't the media supposed to deliver the "facts" and not try to appease the public?

rumpletumbler said:
Well...aren't the media supposed to deliver the "facts" and not try to appease the public?

Heh, if you find a news organization that operates that way, please let me know and I'll tune in!

I don't have the details yet, but it appears to have been a Pinnacle CL65 on a repositioning flight.

My thoughts and prayers to the families of those involved, and my brothers and sisters at Pinnacle. Out of respect for those involved, let's see if we can confine our comments to areas other than crass, un-informed, useless speculation.

Last edited:
The plane was a Pinnacle Airlines CRJ-200 on a ferry flight leaving Jefferson City. Check FoxNews (they're the only ones carrying it right now) at the top of the page. We just received a call here at ERAU-DB that one of the pilots was an old CFI here circa 1999-2000. Nothing definite, but I'll try to keep you informed, if possible. Very tragic...

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/041015/074300.html

"The pilots were Captain Jesse Rhodes and First Officer Richard Peter Cesarz. Captain Rhodes joined Pinnacle in February 2003. Previously, he had been a Captain at another regional airline and had accumulated over 5,000 flight hours. First Officer Cesarz joined Pinnacle in June 2004."

My most humble respects to the families, friends and communities of the crew.

FOX news is f****'n clownshoes

it needs to get its facts straight before it reports anything at all.

real scoop is this...and straight forward so everyone can understand.
-Pinnacle CRJ-200
-Leaving Little Rock, AR...enroute to St.Paul, mn. it had the Captian and FO on board only.
-encountered an engine fire and alerted Mizzou approach (SGF based) that it would make an emergencey landing at Jefferson City (JEF).

IT WAS NOT LEAVING JEF. in fact jefferson city has absolutely NO air service at all. Columbia, (COU) is the only air service and that's another 15 miles north.

-it did not make it.
-it landed on Hutton Lane 1 mile from my parents house! i could ride my bike to the site if i still lived there.
-unfortunately hutton lane is hilly.
-it landed between two houses. one house empty (noone home) and the other house is just fine. they are kind of built close together.
-however the crash itself was contained within a 250sq. yard area.
-people on the WEST end of town saw it on fire before it crashed in the EAST part of town.

my source:
(direct family member is a news director of a statewide news service)

This is gravely unfortunate. My heart goes out to all the families this tragedy has touched. It's unbelieveable when something like this happens to your family. Personally i can't believe it happened within a mile of where i grew up. Nothing happens in that town except state government events.

I Pray for their families ann that this never happens to any of us. most likely not possible but i will always pray.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back