• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ-1000 for Skywest??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We allowed an extra 6 seats total, for planes that could hold another 16. We added a first class cabin to planes that needed it. If our best customers HAVE TO fly on an RJ, it hopefully has larger seats and more room to work. They are limited in numbers, and tied to growth at mainline, but also are being traded one for one with 50 seaters. Your smaller RJs are going away and you are not growing in numbers, rather a few seats per airplane that are needed to sway our best customers. (it also gives me a better chance to nonrev if needed)

Overall we had a plan to get DL on the right track again, and that included a few more seats and a first class option on some RJs, and getting rid of debt while getting leaner. We did a great job getting through BK and we are stronger for it, and we will grow with more mainline planes and less RJs in the future.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Jenny,
First of all let me say; I have no rift with Delta. I wish them well. I wish them all the growth that you have mentioned and more.

Second, you are a tool. You keep saying WE have a plan, WE did a great job. Let's set the record straight. Management screwed up and got you into BK, new managers came in and did a great job of getting you out. Your only contribution was the fact that you ok'd scope releife and a pay cut. That's it.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that most 50's should go away and be replaced by the 76 seat RJ. It's better economics and it's better for the pax. BUT the whole point of scope is not what's best for the company and pax, it's what's best for the pilots union. You know that. You even brag that you limited the amount of seats (causing poor economics), and then you turn around and act all benevolent because you did it.

In short, I wish delta well and Jenny Lee is a tool.

ps Your management still received large bonuses for getting you to take your paycut. I'm glad to see that at least one of them gave it back.

Last edited:
You must be new to stocks. This was suppose to happen, since a lot of the creditors got stock, and were likely to sell initally or after a couple weeks to get back some of the money they were owed. That makes the stock price go down. It will likely go to around $15 a share, and then rise again, reflecting the true value. Time for you to go watch Cramer from your Pasco hotel room...

So, my prophetic messages on here are incorrect, eh? I have one that very likely will come true soon. Many 50 seat RJs will vanish and we will get more mainline planes to replace them. That will be refreshing, for the mainline pilots and passengers in general..... Have fun kicking it in Fargo.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Supposed to happen?? Are you serious? Before I open my mouth, I am a pilot and a Series 7 licensed broker........ G. Lee is that how you justify DAL losing money already in regards to the new shares?? Thats a laugh!! First off, BFD that the creditors got shares, while the actual shareholders had to bend over and just watch their shares go to $hit overnight. No wonder Deltas balance sheet looks great!! Lets issue millions and millions of new shares of stock at roughly 20 bux a shares while the old shares go worthless. Instant capital!!! Its sad to see, but its the American way and that is the only way Delta is surviving (at the moment). And you should certainly be VERY careful what you say in here, because all it takes is for one a$$hole to start yelling "insider information" if what you are saying is true. Any non-public information being discussed ......... well you could definitely kiss that upgrade goodbye and they MIGHT let you suck the $hit out of the planes after they are done with you. I hope all goes well with Delta and they keep hiring and growing. We are all in this together and should support one another any way we can. Just my opinion tho! Later! Spin

Those Montana cities out of SLC still aren't filling up a 50 seater for the most part. There aren't very many 70-76 seaters even doing the flights. 100 seaters to Montana? Good Luck.

Jenny,
First of all let me say; I have no rift with Delta. I wish them well. I wish them all the growth that you have mentioned and more.

Second, you are a tool. You keep saying WE have a plan, WE did a great job. Let's set the record straight. Management screwed up and got you into BK, new managers came in and did a great job of getting you out. Your only contribution was the fact that you ok'd scope releife and a pay cut. That's it.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that most 50's should go away and be replaced by the 76 seat RJ. It's better economics and it's better for the pax. BUT the whole point of scope is not what's best for the company and pax, it's what's best for the pilots union. You know that. You even brag that you limited the amount of seats (causing poor economics), and then you turn around and act all benevolent because you did it.

In short, I wish delta well and Jenny Lee is a tool.

ps Your management still received large bonuses for getting you to take your paycut. I'm glad to see that at least one of them gave it back.

Wow, you really got me there....... NOT. We pilots made a huge sacrifice to help our company get out of BK, so WE do deserve that credit. We did a lot more for this company than any other employee group. Just like YOU SkyWest guys screwed the regional industry by accepting the same pay rate for anything up to 99 seats. That sent the whole regional industry into a tailspin, and even though you recently got a small pay lift on the CR7 and CR9, you still started the ball in motion, and the really funny thing is that you weren't even in BK or even close! Your guys voted (kinda) for growth. We at DL voted for LIFE. We were 2 weeks from not completing payroll, and that is a fact. We actually saved your bacon, because had DL fallen, SkyWest would have taken a large hit and could have laid off thousands. You're welcome.

So, Mr Retard, how is your scope going? SLC is one big fortress for you, right? Nope. Expressjet will be coming in soon and offering flights to FCA (3 a day), HDN, SMF, ONT, and LAS. You are getting bigger in ATL, but others are also---including Shuttle America, which will also have a new crew base there just like you. You have no protection, or scope, to any of your flying.

Poor economics on a 76 seater? They have added 1st class seats and no extra crew members in the process (compared to a 70 seater). They will fill those seats and pay for what could have been a full all coach cabin. We just made sure that there is a gap between the 76 seater and our next smallest, the MD88 (142 seats). What does that do? It makes sure we get something in between for mainline, and we will. We will get over 25 737-700s soon (124 seats), plus a 100 seater that we have been looking at for awhile now. It will be a junior plane, but it will have mainline pilots. They will actually start flying in places we already gave you, which will cause you to seek more dumb opportunities like your Midwest Connect out of MKE and MCI. (2 daily CRJs from MCI to CHM??? Huh? Skybus will kick your arse on that route soon) Good luck with that!!! And if Airtran takes over, say bye bye to those routes from MKE, and watch the displacements happen. Your Jerry Atkin is biting his nails trying to figure out what to do next.

In short, Delta will do well, and SkyWest might do well if things fall into place. Your position as sole feeder in SLC is going away (scope!!---ASA didn't count since you own them), and some of your exclusive flying will go away when we get 100 seaters. The 50 seat RJ is on the way out, and you have too many. And, you are the tool for even considering debating me. You lose.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Supposed to happen?? Are you serious? Before I open my mouth, I am a pilot and a Series 7 licensed broker........ G. Lee is that how you justify DAL losing money already in regards to the new shares?? Thats a laugh!! First off, BFD that the creditors got shares, while the actual shareholders had to bend over and just watch their shares go to $hit overnight. No wonder Deltas balance sheet looks great!! Lets issue millions and millions of new shares of stock at roughly 20 bux a shares while the old shares go worthless. Instant capital!!! Its sad to see, but its the American way and that is the only way Delta is surviving (at the moment). And you should certainly be VERY careful what you say in here, because all it takes is for one a$$hole to start yelling "insider information" if what you are saying is true. Any non-public information being discussed ......... well you could definitely kiss that upgrade goodbye and they MIGHT let you suck the $hit out of the planes after they are done with you. I hope all goes well with Delta and they keep hiring and growing. We are all in this together and should support one another any way we can. Just my opinion tho! Later! Spin

You are a SERIES 7 BROKER (do you tell that to the girls or guys at the bar when you meet them? Wow!) and you didn't know that our old shares would be worthless upon re-entry? Ofcourse they would be. There are a lot more SMARTER people than you handling this, and you are an amatuer compared to them. Let them do their job and you fly to Bakersfield. I am glad you think we will survive (for the moment.....?). Wow, you should be an anal-cyst and go on CNBC and tell the world that. I guess you neglected to read any of the articles about our strong balance sheet etc? (I posted the Barron's article) Oh, and I am a series 757/767 Pilot---does that impress you? We all have opinions on what the stock may or may not do. I think Walmart will be at $500 a share in 5 years. You never know.

Insider information??? I read articles on the Internet and post them. Is that Insider information? We all know that our creditors will sell to regain what they lost, and that usually means the stock will go down if a lot of people sell. I hear that every day on Cramer. I think he should be jailed for telling me that... They would have a hard time proving anything, since I just post what I read. All I have ever posted is exactly what has been released. Do I think we will grow eventually with new planes? Yeah, since they have been talking about that for years. I keep pointing out that they are looking at 100 seaters, which has been true for awhile. What about the 737s and 777s? Yep, we have announced those orders. How about the 13 ex TWA 757s we will be getting? Yep, already announced. Thanks for warning me Gordon Gecko! Sheeesh. I wonder what series broker Cramer is? He must be a six if you are a seven!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Hey General, whats the pay scale on the 100 seater? serious question here, I want to know if I should get my app in line.

Those Montana cities out of SLC still aren't filling up a 50 seater for the most part. There aren't very many 70-76 seaters even doing the flights. 100 seaters to Montana? Good Luck.

Are you serious? I have a sister in Montana, and I have flown there many times in the Summer, and Delta NEVER has a hard time filling planes to Montana in the Summer. We used to have 757s into FCA, then 738s. This Summer we are flying nonstops to FCA and BZN from ATL on 738s too. The Winter may warrent RJs into Montana, but the rest of the year can handle a couple 100 seaters to each city no problem. Good try.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General, whats the pay scale on the 100 seater? serious question here, I want to know if I should get my app in line.

We don't know what the plane will be, but we do have rates for the E190 and E195, and the CR9 for some reason. (If they wanted to go above 76 seats with that one, we would have to fly it) The E190 rates are ok, but not great. That would be a junior plane, with upgrades quick if we got it. (We had 1 year upgrades to Capt on the 737-200 in MCO for Delta Express too) We won't know anything until they decide which plane, but the E195 has a lot better rates than the E190 for some reason, and I would guess that the E195 could be the plane since it probably has bigger engines for hot and high conditions in SLC in the Summer. It is all guessing right now. (that was for my Series 7 stock broker friend....) We know NOTHING concrete. Nothing. I am just guessing, because we may never even get a 100 seater...?? ( :) )

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back