• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew Sched called 8 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Caller ID is well worth it. Before caller ID was the norm, I used to have a separate phone number with a "distinctive" ring I only gave to scheds.

Of course if you have a good excuse (I just went scuba diving works....) you can answer and have some fun with them. :)

I called in sick 2 days ago for a 3 day (first time in 1.5 years, I might add) And they have called me 3 times this morning wanting me to come in!!

Are there any repercussions for calling a crewmember on a SICK DAY!! Give me a break

pianoman said:
Caller ID is well worth it. Before caller ID was the norm, I used to have a separate phone number with a "distinctive" ring I only gave to scheds.

Of course if you have a good excuse (I just went scuba diving works....) you can answer and have some fun with them. :)

I still have smart ring at home, but without junior manning being a problem at SKYW, I'm less inclined to worry about having to come up with some excuse. But I do like the 56 beer idea :D !!!!

AF :cool:

Oh yeah...............they don't have my cell phone number either.

It is cheaper to chronically understaff an airline and extend people at time and a half than it is to let your employees have the days off that you promised them. If ASA had its way, the entire seniority list would show at the airport a 04:30 and stay there every day until the flying was done at about 03:00. For an example, just look at integration when it takes about 90% of the seniority list to cover the flying with everyone getting something stupid on their schedule, like an ATL-CHA round trip while another crew is just getting released from ATL-CSG.

ASA not only does not care about it's pilots quality of life, managers get pleasure from purposely junior manning, or extending, someone when they know that they need to be off for their spouse, or other family members (and I have heard this from the manager laughing about it)

Then there is the other benefit of chasing off your pilots who can not take it any longer. They are always replaced by a cheaper, less senior, pilot.

It is bad news that Delta is about to tank, but the silver lining is that a lot of pilots at ASA will find their lives much improved when ASA's Crew Schedulers have to find other work.

I hope you are right about schedulers having to find other work. But why would they need to. At least for a pretty long time. Is there some wonderful news that I havn't heard?

I've found that bidding the stand up (high speed, etc.) all month life is a lot better minus feeling a bit tired for a couple of days. We show at 8:30pm and finish at 6:40am the next morning with about a 5 hour nap at the hotel. When we get back in the morning we can't be extended. So basically work three nights and have the rest of the week off. So far so good!!

Beechman - yes, a good deal until your flight cancels. Staying up for 36 hours is no fun and potentially dangerous.

Wonder if we airline pilots will ever get work rules as good as truck drivers.

Flying is fun - but the profession s u c k s.

I am glad to be on the ATR side. They called me last night to cancel my trip.

On the other hand over 50% of the ATR's stay in mx majority of the time. But hey when they fly that one trip day they save money on fuel. But here at a great company based in Atlanta we rather spend tons of money on mx, training and pay just to save little fuel money on one flight a day.

Latest resources

Back