Crew Sched called 8 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

701EV

Crew Scheduling has called 8 times in the last 24hrs. They stated they will pay time and a half for any trip that I pick up. They must really be hurting for crews. I'm glad to see that no one is taking them up on their offer. Are they calling anyone else?

701EV

I have been called 3x in the last week to pick up trips! HAH! Gotta love caller ID.
But I got extended yesterday, was suppose to be off in the AM, but didn't get home till 7pm!

Not sure what airline we are talking about, but mine has done that several times in the past weeks. I once was called 9 times in about 15 hours. Screw em! Hire more FO's!!!!

dont mean to dig, but who are you workin for? just wondering if pretty much everywhere is doing that right now or just a few of the regionals...

girlsandbeer said:
pretty much everywhere .
Basically, pretty much everywhere is doing this. Techinically.

How about:

Calls enroute on SELCAL, releases not being transmitted to the gate until the crew calls in, supervisors standing at the jetway with additional shift assignments, phone calls at the hotel at 3 am, etc . . .

(because eveyone is SICK of being tagged for extra shifts)

geeze... im about to run off to a non-union regional, you can probably figure out which one from that..

anyways, are there any repricussions to not picking your phone up on a day off... either unioned or non-unioned company?

No such thing as junior manning at SKYW......................so you can tell them "no thanks" willy-nilly and without repercussions.

AF :cool:

girlsandbeer said:
anyways, are there any repricussions to not picking your phone up on a day off... either unioned or non-unioned company?

They can only punish you if they can find you, right? It's your day off.

Rule #1 for a crewmember: If you don't want to fly on your day off, DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE!

Latest resources

Back