Crew Sched called 8 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3. Keep it to the firewall

I agree with everything except #3. Keep it close to idle here at Skywest and get paid block or better.

:rolleyes:Kikejavy....get used to it. They find about 10 people who will fly like no other and the rest will sit at home and ROTT!! It is the dumbest thing I have ever seen! Welcome to the Circus!!
I thing Ringling Bros. just called me back with a job offer!

Don't harp on the schedulers. Just like you, they have a job to do and they try to do it to the best of their ability. Their job is to get the trips covered. From their perspective, if pilots would just show up for their trips, then their wouldn't be a problem.

If you have a problem with the staffing levels or scheduling/work rules, then take if up with your Chief Pilot. Leave the schedulers be.

hoover said:
Don't harp on the schedulers. Just like you, they have a job to do and they try to do it to the best of their ability. Their job is to get the trips covered. From their perspective, if pilots would just show up for their trips, then their wouldn't be a problem.

If you have a problem with the staffing levels or scheduling/work rules, then take if up with your Chief Pilot. Leave the schedulers be.

I do believe that managment is to blame for the low pilot shortage. That trickles down and causes problems for everyone. It's just the way scheduling go's about doing things. If there were a way to see "their" reserve list, who's next up for a junior man call, this would give us a peace of mind if they called us. As long as they abide by the contract, there wouldn't be any problems. Maybe if they followed the contract as they should, then they should report to upper management saying, "We have cancelled these trips due to the lack of pilots. We followed the contract and were still not able to staff the flights". Then this becomes management's problem. Plus, if we could verify their intentions and reasoning for the things they do, realtions would be much nicer. Hoover, do you work in scheduling???

Last edited:
hoover said:

You are an idiot. And you have obviously never been on the recieving end of CS incompetence, hostility, FAR violations, contractual violations, and outright abuse. I you are a scheduler, then you KNOW what I'm talking about.

It is a schedulers job to cover trips WITHIN the parameters of the contract, FAR's, etc. If they can't do that, they need to relay that to their supervisor (the all knowing "Willie"), he can tell Mgmt. to hire more pilots.

In order to work for crew scheduling you must meet the following requirments:

1) must have been fired from Cik Fil A at the local food court

2) must not have any ambition in life

3) must take pride in making peoples lives miserable

4) must not possess the ability for abstract thought

This may not be popular to say, but now is NOT THE TIME to screw with the system. Some of you whiners amaze me. Look around, we have bigger problems right now than "getting back" at schedulers. We have fellow employees that have LOST EVERYTHING and a parent corporation (DAL) that is on the verge of collapse. I don't care who is to blame for this mess, the first priority is to put aside our differences and pull together until this crises is over. I encourage those of you on your WOE campaigns and 100% campaigns to suspend them until we are over this hurdle. Now is NOT THE TIME! When you feel like you've gotten screwed by scheduling, just think of our fellow employees and others who have lost everything. Things could be MUCH worse.

Joe

JoeMerchant said:
This may not be popular to say, but now is NOT THE TIME to screw with the system. Some of you whiners amaze me. Look around, we have bigger problems right now than "getting back" at schedulers. We have fellow employees that have LOST EVERYTHING and a parent corporation (DAL) that is on the verge of collapse. I don't care who is to blame for this mess, the first priority is to put aside our differences and pull together until this crises is over. I encourage those of you on your WOE campaigns and 100% campaigns to suspend them until we are over this hurdle. Now is NOT THE TIME! When you feel like you've gotten screwed by scheduling, just think of our fellow employees and others who have lost everything. Things could be MUCH worse.

Joe

Well said Joe! I am personally giving 200%. Many of the pilots I talk to agree. It is only a vocal minority that is trying to disrupt things. It is time for the silent majority to use peer pressure to educate those people that they are doing more harm than good. Is everthing perfect? No, it never is.

Latest resources

Back